1. 'Abdi, B. M. Gulzar-i 'ishq (The rose-garden of love). 224. Hofheim-Langenhain: Baha'i-Verlag, 1989. Poems.
2. 'Andalib, (Mirza 'Ali Ashraf Lahijani). Divan-i 'Andalib. 756 pp. Tehran: Baha'i Publishing Trust, 126/1970. A full collection of poems by 'Andalib (dates), the best known of the early Iranian Baha'i poets.
3. Albert, J. D. The Touchstone of Sincerity. Oxford: George Ronald, 1986. A novel recounting the experiences of a Baha'i doctor in Iran under the Islamic revolution.
4. Atherton, Gertrude. Julia France and Her Times. London: 1912. A novel whose heroine travels to Acre in Palestine in order to meet the Baha'i leader 'Abbas Effendi. The author, an American, does not appear to have been a convert.
5. Ayyam-i mubaraka (Holy days). Listed UK BPT FAR655 (poetry).
6. Bala'i ghayati (My calamity is My providence). Listed BPT UK FAR640 (poetry).
7. Barney, Laura Clifford. God's Heroes. xii, 106. London; Philadelphia: Kegan Paul Trench Trubner & Co.; Lippincott, 1910. Collins 7.529 A lavishly-decorated, much-idealized drama based on leading figures in the Babi movement, here portrayed as heroic trailblazers of a new age. On the author, a well-known early American Baha'i (d.1974), see in memoriam notice, The Baha'i World vol. xvi, pp. 436-38.
8. Bayda'i, Ni'mat Allah Dhuka'i. Tadhkira-yi shu'ara-yi qarn-i avval-i Baha'i -- see under biography.
9. Bihi zad, Jalal. Gulbarg-i Bihi , New Delhi, [Baha'i Publishing Trust], 1978, 212 pp. Poems.
10. Bihi zad, Jalal. [Title from my library]
11. Brown, Vinson. Songs of the New Dawn. Naturegraph, Poems on the New Age from a Native American viewpoint. Illustrations by Franklin Kahn and Dawn Little Sky.
12. Brown, Vinson. The Returning and the Song of the Prophet. Naturegraph, Two poems on the spiritual springtime and trials of the prophets.
13. Danner, Margaret E. The Dawn of a Thistle. 143. Waukesha, WI: Country Beautiful Corp., 1973. Poetry Bjorling 710.
14. Demas, Kathleen Jamison. From Behind the Veil: A Novel About Tahirih. 130. Gateway Series, Wilmette, Ill.: Baha'i Publishing Trust, 1983. Collins 7.811 A fictionalized account of the life of the Babi leader Qurrat al-'Ayn, written for teenagers. Mere reinforcement of the Baha'i myth.
15. Dunlop, Evangeline Elizabeth Crowell. The Bounties of the Kingdom: A Fairy Play. 31. Washington, D.C.: Dunlop, 1916. Collins 7.827.
16. Edge, Clara. Tahirih. viii, 193. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Edgeway Publishing Co., 1964. Collins 7.837.
17. Ewart, Gavin. "Review of Roger White, Another Song, Another Season (item xxx)." British Book News (Jan. 1980): 51. Collins 7.2731.
18. Fath-i A'zam, Hushmand. Dar intizar-i nam-nam-i baran (Waiting for a sprinkling of rain). Listed UK BPT FAR680 (poetry).
19. Filson, B(ruce) K(enneth). Angel Ruckus, Manitock, Ont., Nine Pines Publishing, 1994, 64 pp. Poems.
20. Fitzgerald, Michael. A Tree Like This. Los Angeles: Kalimat Press.
21. Fitzgerald, Michael. God's Whimsy. Los Angeles: Kalimat Press.
22. Fitzgerald, Michael. Living the Boundaries. Los Angeles: Kalimat Press.
23. Fitzgerald, Michael. New World Suite. Los Angeles: Kalimat Press.
24. Fitzgerald, Michael. Night Songs. Los Angeles: Kalimat Press.
25. Fitzgerald, Michael. Planet Dreams. Los Angeles: Kalimat Press.
26. Fitzgerald, Michael. Rhapsody. Los Angeles: Kalimat Press.
27. Fitzgerald, Michael. Windows. Los Angeles: Kalimat Press.
28. Ford, Mary Hanford. Secret of Life. 265. San Francisco: Press of A. Carlisle and Co., Upham and Rutledge Inc., 1933. Collins 7.944 A novel centred around Baha'ism, by an early American exponent of the movement.
29. Foroughi, Tahirih Khodadoust (comp. and organized). 'My Calamity Is My Providence': An Anthology of Poetry Mostly Written by Contemporary Baha'i Poets in Response to the Persecution of Baha'is in Iran. 84. Wilmette, Ill. [i.e. Reno, Nev.]: Tahirih Khodadoust Foroughi, 1984.
30. Further references. "JS Hatcher, From the Auroral Darkness: add to biography." :
31. Garlington, William N. Fire and Blood. 213. Pioneer Paperbacks, Los Angeles: Kalimat Press, n.d. . Collins 7.1038 A novel of early Babism, with little historical veracity.
32. Greatness of the Local Spiritual Assembly, The: A Dramatic Sketch for Five Readers and One Other. 5. n.p. [Victoria, Cameroon]: [National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Cameroon], n.d. . Collins 7.1079 c/r administration.
33. Grinevskaya, Isabella. Bab, dramaticheskaya poema [The Bab, a dramatic poem]. St. Petersburg: 1903. This drama in five acts was performed in St. Petersburg in 1904, and again, after the February Revolution, in April 1917. For details of the author, see Momen, The Babi and Baha'i Religions, pp. 50-51, 503.
34. Grinevskaya, Isabella. Beha-ulla, poema tragedui v stikhakh. St. Petersburg: 1912.This drama was written at the request of Nicolas Zazuline, following her earlier poetic tragedy on the Bab (item x). For details of the author, see Momen, The Babi and Baha'i Religions, pp. 50-51, 503.
35. Hall, Mrs Basil. The Drama of the Kingdom: A Pageant Play, the Plan for Which Was Given by Abdul Baha Abbas in London, 17th January 1913. viii, 66. London: The Weardale Press, 1933. Collins 1119.
36. Hatcher, John S. A Sense of History. Oxford: George Ronald, 199-. A poetry collection.
37. Hatcher, John S. From the Auroral Darkness: The Life and Poetry of Robert Hayden. xii, 342. Oxford: George Ronald, 1984. Collins 7.1138 A biographical and literary study of an important black American poet, much of whose work was inspired by his Baha'i beliefs. C/r to biography.
38. Hatcher, John. Conversations. 208. Oxford: George Ronald, 1988. Fictional story of Hasan, who comes to live in Palestine during World War I.
39. Khavari, 'Abd al-Hamid (ed.). Ash'ar-i Jinab-i Na'im va sharh-i an, mawsum bi Jannat-i Na'im (The poems of Na'im, together with a commentary on them, known as the Paradise of Na'im). vol. 1, 494 pp.; vol. 2, 229+4 pp. Tehran: Baha'i Publishing Trust, 130/1974; 131/1975. This is a short version of a full edition and commentary on the 'poems of guidance' written by the well-known Baha'i poet Na'im (Mirza Muhammad Sidihi), 1372/XXXX-1334/XXXX (see Bayda'i [item x], vol. 3, pp. 379-94 and ff.). Ishraq Khavari's edition is preferable to that of the standard text of the Gulzar-i Na'im (item x).
40. Khurshid dar Siyah Chal (The sun in the Siyah Chal). Listed UK BPT FAR660 (poetry).
41. Marangella, Philip A. Baha'u'llah. 2. Nikoo, Japan: Asia N. T. C. [National Teaching Committee], 1955. Collins 7.1503 A poem.
42. McCann, Paul. "Review of Roger White, Another Song, Another Season (item xxx)." Quarry 30 (1 Winter 1981): 74-78.Collins 7.2731.
43. Misbah, 'Aziz Allah. Divan-i Misbah. 367+29 pp. Tehran: Baha'i Publishing Trust, 122 B.E./1966. The collected poems of Misbah (1876-1946), an administrator of the Baha'i schools in Tehran.
44. Muhlschlegel, Adelbert. Gedichte (Poems). 107. Hofheim-Langenhain: Baha'i-Verlag, 1977.
45. Muhlschlegel, Dr. Adelbert. Melodrama, zum dritten deutschen Baha'i-Kongress. 8. [Stuttgart]: 1924.
46. Na'im, Mirza Muhammad Sidihi Isfahani. Ahsan al-taqwim, ya Jannat al-Na'im. 320. Delhi: 'Abd al-Husayn Na'imi, 117 B.E./1961. The standard text of poems by Na'im, whose work is largely devoted to the demonstration of the truth of the Baha'i cause. This edition contains a short biography by Muhsin Na'imi. For a better edition, see Ishraq Khavari (item x).
47. Na'im, Mirza Muhammad Sidihi Isfahani. Ash'ar-i jadid (New poems). 19, 23, 136. Najafabad, Iran: Musamma-Parast, Children's Committee of Najafabad, [between 85-89 B.E./1928-33]. This composite volume also contains Baha' Allah's Mathnavi-yi ma'navi, Na'i m's Istidlaliyya, and poems by Qurrat al-'Ayn (see sections, x and x, items xx and xx).
48. Na'im, Mirza Muhammad Sidihi Isfahani. Ash'ar-i Jinab-i Aqa Mirza Na'im (Poems of Na'im). [Tabriz?]: n.d. [1911-1912], reprinted 86 B.E./1929-30, Tehran, Shirkat-i Matbu'at-i Amri.
49. Na'im, Mirza Muhammad Sidihi Isfahani. Kulliyat-i Na'im (Collected poems of Na'im). 320. Bombay: Mustafa, 1245/1927.
50. Na'im, Mirza Muhammad Sidihi Isfahani. [Tarkib-band = Ahsan al-taqwim]. Earlier printings in jellygraph and related formats. ed., 320. Bombay: Mihriban Shahriyar Surush Maryamabadi Yazdi, 84 B.E./1306 Sh./1927. This represents the first properly printed edition of Na'im's two-part apologetic poem (a tarkib-band), subsequently published in other editions. The volume includes other poems by the author.
51. Nakhjavani, Bahiyyih. Four on an Island. Oxford; George Ronald, viii, 1 36 p. Literary study of the four Baha'is who were exiled to Cyprus in 1868 and how their exile is a metaphor for each individual's internal spiritual and psychological exile from his true self. 1983.7.1620.
52. Natiq, Mirza Muhammad Ardistani. Divan-i Natiq. 376+5 pp. Tehran: Baha'i Publishing Trust, 124 B.E./1968. Collection of the poems of Mirza Muhammad Natiq Ardistani (1881-1937) (see Bayda'i [item x], vol. 3, pp. 392 ff.).
53. Nayyir wa Sina, [Sayyid Muhammad Nayyir Sidihi and Sayyid Isma'il Sina Sidihi Isfahani]. Naghma-yi naw (A new song). 35. [Tehran]: 1310 Sh./1931-32. Poems by two brothers (d. 1327/1909 and 1336/1917 respectively).
54. Nayyir wa Sina, [Sayyid Muhammad Nayyir Sidihi and Sayyid Isma'il Sina Sidihi Isfahani]. Tasanif-i amri (Writings on the cause). 31. [Tehran]: [Baha'i Teaching Committee for Tehran], n.d. [193-?]. Poems by two brothers.
55. Omotoso, Adedayo. "'A White Poet with a Vision of Africa'." Trust (Oct. 1982): 27-28. Collins 11.765 Study of Dorothy Lee Hansen, a Baha'i poet.
56. Pesechkian, Nossrat [Nusrat Pizishkian]. [The Merchant and the Parrot]. Also in a Portugese edition, O Mercador e o Papagaio, Editora Papirus, Brazil ed., Sao Paulo, Brazil: Editora Baha'i do Brasil.
57. Phillips, Hilda. "Review of Roger White, A Sudden Music (item xxx)." Signature (Sept.-Oct. 1984): 79. Collins 7.2736.
58. Phillips, Hilda. "Review of Roger White, Another Song, Another Season." Artlook 6 (11 52. Collins 7.2731.
59. Phillips, Hilda. "Review of Roger White, Another Song, Another Season." Outrigger (1980): 1-4.Collins 7.2731.
60. Qa'ini, Muhammad. Qasida-yi ta'iyya (Ode rhyming in the letter 't'). 128. Tehran: Baha'i Publishing Committee, 120 B.E./1963-64.On Qa'ini, see Balyuzi, Eminent Baha'is pp. 112-15.
61. Qurrat al-'Ayn. Ash'ar-i gawharbar-i mazluma Hadrat-i Tahira (Gem-sprinkling poems of the oppressed one, her holiness Tahira [Qurrat al-'Ayn]). 19, 23, 136. Najafabad, Iran: Musamma-Parast, Baha'i Children's Committee of Najafabad, [between 85-89 B.E./1928-33]. This composite volume also contains works by Baha' Allah and Na'im (see sections x and x, items xx and xx).
62. Rawhani, Ghulam-Rida'. Naghmaha-yi rawhani (Spiritual songs). 129. [Tehran]: Baha'i Publishing Trust, 119 B.E./1962-63.
63. Response to the Revelation: Poetry by Baha'is. 43. Baha'i Studies v.7, Thornhill, Ont.: Canadian Association for Studies on the Baha'i Faith, 1980. Collins 7.2279.
64. Roushana'i, Illumination: Anthology of Nine Baha'i Writers. 144. Detroit, Mich.: Trans-Love Energies, 1968. Collins 7.2316.
65. Sabri, Shirin (ed.). Abiding Silence: An Anthology of Poems in Honour of the Baha'is of Iran. 66. Ottawa, Ont.: Association for Baha'i Studies, Poems by 27 Baha'i poets, mainly on the theme of persecution.
66. Sabri, Shirin. "'The Purpose of Poetry'." The Journal of Baha'i Studies (Ottowa, Ont.) 1 (1 '1988-89):
67. Saint-Quentin, A[nge-Pierre-Guillaume Ouvre] de. Un amour au pays des mages (Les Myste'res du babisme). Reissed 1896 ed., Paris: Calmann Levy, 1891. For some details of the author, a junior colleague of Gobineau, see Momen, The Babi and Baha'i Religions, pp. 49-50, 521.
68. Savage, Cindy. Nothing in Common. Wilmette, Ill.: Baha'i Publishing Trust, 1988. Fictional account of a young woman's search for truth and her discovery of the Baha'i faith.
69. Shahadat wa shahamat (Martyrdom and courage). Listed UK BPT FAR670 (poetry).
70. Shaykh al-Ra'is, Abu 'l-Hasan Mirza. Muntakhab al-nafis az athar-i... Shaykh al-Ra'is. 218. Tehran: Kitabfurushi-yi Mahmudi, 1312 sh./1934. A collection of poetry, preceded by an autobiography (pp. 2-26) by Abu 'l-Hasan Mirza, a Qajar prince who converted to Baha'ism but also involved himself in the struggle for constitutional rights. The material has no overt Baha'i content, but it is of value for any assessment of Shaykh al-Ra'is himself.
71. Stevens, E.S. The Mountain of God. 380. London: Mills & Boon, 1911.Collins 7.2476 Novel set in Acre, Palestine, at the time of 'Abbas Effendi, involving him and the Baha'i community. The author (d. 1972) was better known as Lady Drower, the author of several important works on the Mandean religion of Iraq. Part of The Mountain of God were serialized in World Order magazine [details]
72. Stevenson, Don and Hugh Featherstone (verse) Blyth. The Wonderlamp. . Los Angeles: Kalimat Press, . Collins 7.2477 Based on a fable related by the 'Hand of the Cause' Abu 'l-Qasim Faizi.
73. Taylor, Morris. Top of the Hill. Happy Camp, Cal.: Naturegraph, 1987.c/r Life after death.
74. Voices: a poetry magazine, Huntingdon Beach, Calif., Golden West College, 1991, 47 pp. (Issue II).
75. von Najmayer, Marie. Gurret-ul-Eyn: Ein Bild aus Persiens Neuzeit [Qurrat al-'Ayn: a picture of the new era in Persia]. Vienna: 1874. An epic poem in six cantos in celebration of the Babi heroine Qurrat al-'Ayn, inspired by reading Gobineau (item x).
76. Wells, Bruce. From Discontent: The Biography of a Mystic. 204. Oxford: George Ronald, 1985. Collins 7.2689 Fictionalized account of a Baha'i convert.
77. White, Roger. A Sudden Music. 191. Oxford: George Ronald, 1983. Collins 7.2736 Fictionalized account of the origins of the Paris Baha'i community, in the form of letters written by a young woman.
78. White, Roger. Another Song, Another Season: Poems and Portrayals. 172. Oxford: George Ronald, 1979. Collins 7.2731 lists reviews.
79. White, Roger. Different Perspectives: Poems. ii, 49. Haifa: White, 1979. Collins 7.2732 Chapbook.
80. White, Roger. Notes Postmarked the Mountain of God, Richmond, B. C., New Leaf Pub., 1992, viii, 34 pp. Poetry.
81. White, Roger. Old Songs, New Songs: Poems. 38. Haifa: White, 1977. Collins 7.2733 Chapbook.
82. White, Roger. The Witness of Pebbles. xv, 217. Oxford: George Ronald, 1981. Collins 7.2738.
83. White, Roger. Whitewash: Poems by Eileen Vail's Brother. 35. n.p. [Haifa]: White, 1982. Collins 7.2737.
84. Wolf, Hellmuth. Pilgrim des neuen Zeitalters [Pilgrim of the new age]. Karlsruhe-Radolfzell: 1928. A novel with thoughts from the Baha'i Teachings' (BW III, p. 241).
85. [Zarandi], Mulla Muhammad 'Ali Nabil. Mathnavi-yi Mulla Muhammad 'Ali Zarandi. 112'. [Cairo]: [al-Matba'a al-'Arabiyya bi Misr], . A well-known historical poem in 1038 verses by the author of Nabil's Narrative (section x, item xx). The published text is accompanied by an account of the death of Baha' Allah and Arabic poems written on that event by non-Baha'i poets. c/r history.