Bahá'í Chronology: years 182-
← Enter the first part of a date or an entire date, with or without hyphens, in the form Year-Month-Day. Examples:
or jump to:
. . .
2010s search, tips, key
||Birth of Khadíjih Bagum (daughter of Mírzá `Alí, a merchant of Shíráz), first wife of the Báb, in Shíráz.
||First wife of the Báb
||Birth of Ásíyih Khánum (Navváb), first wife of Bahá'u'lláh, in Yálrúd. The only daughter of Mírzá Ismá'íl.
||Ásiyih Khanum, Navvab
||First wife of Bahá'u'lláh
||`Abdu'lláh Páshá builds the Mansion at Bahjí. [BBD5, 42]
||`Abdu'llah Pasha, Mansion at Bahji
||Birth of Mírzá-`Alíy-i-Bárfurúshí (Quddús), the 18th Letter of the Living.
||Mirza-`Aliy-i-Barfurushi, Quddus, Letter of the Living
||Bahá'u'lláh's father dreams that his son is swimming in a sea with multitudes of fish clinging to the strands of His hair. He relates this dream to a soothsayer, who prophesies that Bahá'u'lláh will achieve supremacy over the world. [DB199–20]
||Baha'u'llah, father, dream
||Birth of Áqá Husayn-i-Isfahání (Mishkín-Qalam), Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh and well-known calligrapher, in Shíráz.
||Áqa Husayn-i-Isfahani, Mishkin-Qalam, Apostle, calligrapher
|1826 27 Jun
||Passing of Shaykh Ahmad-i-Ahsá'í, the leader of the Shaykhís, in Haddíyyih near Medina near the tomb of Muhammad, at approximately 75 years. He is buried in the cemetery of Baqí` in Medina. [B2; MH20]
- At his passing Siyyid Kázim-i-Rashtí becomes his designated successor. [BBD12]
- BBD12 says it was 1828 and he was 81 years old
- See CH11 and MH20 for three chief articles of faith of the Shaykhís.
- See BBRSM8 for a brief account of his life.
- See MH22 for a picture.
|Haddíyyih, Medina, Saudi Arabia
||Shaykh Ahmad-i-Ahsa'i, Siyyid Kazim-i-Rashti, Shaykhism
||Passing of Mírzá Muhammad Ridá, the father of the Báb.
- The Báb is placed in the care of His maternal uncle, Hájí Mírzá Siyyid `Alí, Khál-i-A`zam (the Most Great Uncle). He is a leading merchant of Shíráz and is the first, after the Letters of the Living, to embrace the new Cause in that city. He is one of the Seven Martyrs of Tihrán. [BBD14]
- According to Mírzá Abu'l-Fadl-i-Gulpáygání, the Báb was still an infant and had not yet been weaned when His father passed away. [DB72]
||Mirza Muhammad Rida, Haji Mirza Siyyid `Ali, Khal-i-A`zam
||First, after the Letters of the Living, to embrace the new Cause in Shíráz
||Defeat of the Persians at the hands of the Russians. [BBRSM55]
||Defeat, Persians, Russians
|1829 29 Mar
||Birth of Áqá Muhammad-i-Qá'iní (Nabíl-i-Akbar), Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Naw-Firist, near Bírjand.
||Nabil-i-Akbar, Apostle, Aqa Muhammad-i-Qa'ini