Bahá'í Chronology: search for "news.bahai.org/human-rights/iran/yaran-special-rep"
← Enter the first part of a date or an entire date, with or without hyphens, in the form Year-Month-Day. Examples:
or jump to:
. . .
2010s search, tips, key
|2008 5 Mar
||Mahvash Sabet – a schoolteacher and mother of two and a member of the national-level administrative group for Iran – was arrested having been summoned to Mashhad to discuss some matters regarding a Bahá'í burial. She subsequently spent 175 days in solitary confinement. On the 26th of May she was moved to Evin prison in Tehran. [BWNS Special Report]
||Yaran; Mahvash Sabet
|2008 14 May
||The six men and women, Mr. Jamaloddin Khanjani, Mr. Afif Naeimi, Mr. Saeid Rezaie, Mr. Behrouz Tavakkoli, Mr. Vahid Tizfahm. and Mrs. Fariba Kamalabadi, all members of the national-level group that helped see to the minimum needs of Bahá’ís in Iran were arrested in their homes in Tehran. Mrs. Kamalabadi, Mr. Khanjani, and Mr. Tavakkoli have been previously arrested and then released after periods ranging from five days to four months. [BWNS632, Report]
||Mr. Jamaloddin Khanjani; Mr. Afif Naeimi; Mr. Saeid Rezaie; Mr. Behrouz Tavakkoli; Mr. Vahid Tizfahm; Mrs. Fariba Kamalabadi; Yaran
|2010 12 Jan – 14 Jun
||The trial of Iran's seven Bahá'í leaders, Fariba Kamalabadi, Jamaloddin Khanjani, Afif Naeimi, Saeid Rezaie, Mahvash Sabet, Behrouz Tavakkoli, and Vahid Tizfahm begins in Tehran. The seven are charged with espionage, propaganda activities against the Islamic order, the establishment of an illegal administration, cooperation with Israel, sending secret documents outside the country, acting against the security of the country, and corruption on earth. [BWNS748, BWNS778]
- The profiles of the accused: Profiles.
- The trail is closed to the public. A film crew and known interrogators are permitted entry. [Video "The Story of the Baha'i Seven" 13 May 2016 BIC]
||Fariba Kamalabadi; Jamaloddin Khanjani; Afif Naeimi; Saeid Rezaie; Mahvash Sabet; Behrouz Tavakkoli; Vahid Tizfahm; Yaran
- Items with a greenish background are publications; see e.g. 1910-03.
- You may type or omit hyphens or slashes, like "2000-01-01" or "2000/01/01" or "20000101".
Hyphens help distinguish between 2000-1-1 and 2000-11.
- To make suggestions for entries or to correct errors please contact us.
- See export tool, index, bibliography, and publisher's note in the original book.