Welcome to Jonah Winters' Baha'i Academics Resource
Here you'll find primary and secondary documents, resource tools, and some
of my work. Material featured here is to supplement the body of published
works available on the internet with some of the vast amount of useful,
yet heretofore unavailable, scholarship. Those who have papers or
articles related to the Baha'i Faith not elsewhere published are
encouraged to submit them for inclusion.
The following documents have an expanded introduction and explanation
on their own pages. This list will be expanded as soon as others
contribute their work to it. Please check back monthly.
Primary Source Material
- A growing number of
translations of Baha'i sacred texts is now available.
- Almost all published primary source material is available elsewhere on
the web, save most letters from
the Universal House of Justice.
- Some Pilgrims' Notes should be available by June, 1997.
- Other primary historical material, original documents other than
Secondary Source Material
- Numerous articles and essays by scholars
and other students.
- A scattering of pieces from
newspapers, magazines, and court documents.
- Book Reviews. Currently mostly in Articles section. Will be sorted soon.
- These talks and personal
letters, though not necessarily formal articles, are academically useful.
tools, including the comprehensive Curriculum Guide for the Baha'i
MacEoin's massive Babi and Baha'i Religions: An Annotated
with this is requested: see intro), journal bibliographies, and assorted
Personal Academic Work
papers I've written while in grad school (these being the ones with a
slightly greater academic usefulness than earlier work).
- My theses
and other publications.
- While there are many web pages devoted to the Baha'i Faith, few
contain original academic material. Here are some of the other sites that do, as well as the Baha'i
- As well as this useful, serious stuff, I mail out one humor file daily
to a small group of tolerant people. From the mass of lowbrow and just
plain dumb humor on the net I select about 10%: the mildly
intellectual and the unusual. Here are my humor
archives, updated bi-monthly.
- For those friends I've made in cyberspace but have yet to meet in
three dimensions, here's some bio stuff.
Please contact me at: 33 Endean Ave.