Search found 272 matches

by British_Bahai
Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Forum: Commercial
Topic: Searching Beautiful Edition Of Holy Baha'i Scriptures
Replies: 10
Views: 26178

i have already version on "Ocean". but i dont know we can underline a Holy Book for me i can't ^^ even if its the cheapest Book. or i can use "Post-it". As far as i know, Bahais are allowed to write in their holy scriptures. I havent come across any rules which says that you can...
by British_Bahai
Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Forum: Commercial
Topic: Searching Beautiful Edition Of Holy Baha'i Scriptures
Replies: 10
Views: 26178

You can always buy decorated books later on, but right now it is more practical if you buy the normal version of the bahai books which is much more cheaper. I would suggest NOT to buy decorated bahai books, this is because they are more expensive, so if you want to write/underline/highlight words in...
by British_Bahai
Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:18 pm
Forum: Commercial
Topic: Searching Beautiful Edition Of Holy Baha'i Scriptures
Replies: 10
Views: 26178

contact the NSA (national spiritual assembly) of France: Pour obtenir une précision sur ce que vous avez lu sur ce site, poser une question plus détaillée, recevoir de la documentation, prendre contact avec la communauté bahá’íe, adressez-vous à nous par mél (remplacer NOSPAM par @ dans l’adresse) o...
by British_Bahai
Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:16 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Prophecy-Fulfilled website on BCI - very bad
Replies: 14
Views: 22477

BruceDLimber wrote:Also, while this isn't widely publicized, the LDS teachings are in fact polytheistic, with each person having the potential to "become a God" and rule a universe. This is also the direct opposite of Baha'i teaching.

Wow, I didnt know this.
by British_Bahai
Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:52 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Does the Faith teach the equality of the races...
Replies: 3
Views: 10014

Here is one example In the human kingdom itself there are points of contact, properties 68 common to all mankind; likewise, there are points of distinction which separate race from race, individual from individual. If the points of contact, which are the common properties of humanity, overcome the p...
by British_Bahai
Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:25 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Universal House of Justice
Replies: 7
Views: 11608

Re: Universal House of Justice

Hi everybody, Shoghi Effendi stated that the twin institutions of the Guardianship and the Universal House of Justice " supplement each other’s authority and functions " are inseparable and are "the twin pillars that support this mighty Administrative Structure." But today, wher...
by British_Bahai
Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:17 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: UHJ prophecised in kitab aqdas ***EVERYONE PRINT THIS OUT***
Replies: 5
Views: 7321

i read the pasage. i see on a website of baha'i who believe in a guardian that Him( i dont know if its Neal Chase or Jacques Seguomonian) is an Gushn ( Of the David linéage ). Bonjour Dans la foie Bahaie, il etait seulement UNE Guardian (qui s'appelle "Shoghi Effendi"). Apres il est mort ...
by British_Bahai
Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:40 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Coran'S Version
Replies: 5
Views: 7534

(Do we have any native french speakers who would be able to translate this for the other user? It would be most useful if someone would be kind enough to do so)
by British_Bahai
Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:26 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: UHJ prophecised in kitab aqdas ***EVERYONE PRINT THIS OUT***
Replies: 5
Views: 7321

A nice find indeed. It literally is spelled out for everyone. Oh believe me, this is just the tip of the iceberg! Everyone, it would be a good idea to make an effort to read: The covenant (by Adib Taherzadeh) and then its sequel: The child of the covenant (again by Adib Taherzadeh) (which focuses o...
by British_Bahai
Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:01 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: UHJ prophecised in kitab aqdas ***EVERYONE PRINT THIS OUT***
Replies: 5
Views: 7321

UHJ prophecised in kitab aqdas ***EVERYONE PRINT THIS OUT***

Hi everyone We all know how covenant breakers manipulate the Will and Testament of AbdulBaha to their likings to try and justify themselves and their split (even though its against the bahai faith to have sects) Right now i was just skim reading the Child of the Covenant by Adib Taherzadeh and came ...
by British_Bahai
Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:45 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Questions On Prayers
Replies: 2
Views: 4370

Bonjour! I am going to help clear any confusion you have: ======================================= There are 4 things that Bahais must do everyday: 1 Read from holy writings in the morning 2 Read from holy writings in the evening 3 Repeat "Allahuabha" 95 times 4 Say the obligatory prayer ==...
by British_Bahai
Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:35 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: "Prophecy-fulfilled" website - (very good)
Replies: 7
Views: 14024

Keyvan, i can totally see your point.
I agree
by British_Bahai
Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:49 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Question about canvassing
Replies: 12
Views: 19475

Hi! The original "modest proposal" document was published by a certain specific individual or small group of individuals who were non-conformist to say the least! I won't go so far as to call them enemies of the Faith, but what they've said definitely puts them outside the norm. My impres...
by British_Bahai
Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:12 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: call Bahaullah a prophet/messenger/founder/prophet-founder??
Replies: 3
Views: 9705

the reason why im asking is because us westerners use those terms interchangeably. however, if you tell someone from the middle east that bahaullah is a prophet or prophet-founder, they will translate the word u use in their minds, and if u use the wrong word unknowingly, they might not accept Bahau...
by British_Bahai
Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:13 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: call Bahaullah a prophet/messenger/founder/prophet-founder??
Replies: 1
Views: 6837

call Bahaullah a prophet/messenger/founder/prophet-founder??

Hi everyone I was wondering, what is the CORRECT way of referring to Bahaullah? As far as i know, in the English language, we can use these terms interchangeably. However, to an Arab-speaking person there are differences, so if we (unknowingly) refer to Bahaullah as something wrong then its not real...
by British_Bahai
Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:09 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: call Bahaullah a prophet/messenger/founder/prophet-founder??
Replies: 3
Views: 9705

call Bahaullah a prophet/messenger/founder/prophet-founder??

Hi everyone I was wondering, what is the CORRECT way of referring to Bahaullah? As far as i know, in the English language, we can use these terms interchangeably. However, to an Arab-speaking person there are differences, so if we (unknowingly) refer to Bahaullah as something wrong then its not real...
by British_Bahai
Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:57 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Question about canvassing
Replies: 12
Views: 19475

(The Universal House of Justice, 1989 Jun 21, 'Dialogue', 'A Modest Proposal' etc.). Hi! Do you know if this article is available online, and if so, where? I looked on bahai-library, but it doesn't seem to be present there. Thanks! :-) Bruce umm... isnt this the bad magazine!? the one thats made by...
by British_Bahai
Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:34 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Question about canvassing
Replies: 12
Views: 19475

Re: Question about canvassing

However, I'm very curious as to whether there is anything to prohibit canvassing an Assembly (or even a delegate) to urge or consider action on a particular idea. I may not have thought about your post in enough detail, but in this instance id have to say yes... it has an element of dishonesty, don...
by British_Bahai
Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:52 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Bab's declaration: What Quran verse did he unseal?
Replies: 4
Views: 16205

I just came across this: SURIH OF JOSEPH A higly allegorical chapter of the Quran that tells the story of Joseph. Mulla Husayn decided thet the Qaim should be able to reveal a commentary on that surih unlike any that had ever been put forward. The Bab produced that commentary without being asked whe...
by British_Bahai
Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:29 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Kashf-al-Ghita (the Bahai Response to 'Nuqtatul-Kaf')
Replies: 21
Views: 34536

Re: More about Nuqtat-al Kaf

********************************************************** There is a REASON why the full Bayan and the writing of Quddus will NEVER be published by Haifa. But if I told you, I would be banned from the Forum forever.... Darrick, please feel free to post your reasons. We have *only* banned people wh...
by British_Bahai
Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:41 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: "The World is But One Country" (diff. languages)
Replies: 1
Views: 4708

La terre n'est qu'un seul pays, et tous les hommes en sont les citoyens
(French)
by British_Bahai
Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:40 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: "The World is But One Country" (diff. languages)
Replies: 1
Views: 4708

"The World is But One Country" (diff. languages)

Hi everyone

Im deliberately starting this thread so that others can come back to this later on for reference.

Who knows how to say
"The world is but one country and mankind its citizens"
in different languages?
by British_Bahai
Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:56 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Bab's declaration: What Quran verse did he unseal?
Replies: 4
Views: 16205

Re: Bab's declaration: What Quran verse did he unseal?

thanks for the reply brent :smile: I am unaware of a Muslim prophecy or Hadith which states that the Messiah will unseal the meaning of one specific verse; nor am I aware of anything in Baha'i literature which unseals or identifies that verse. I definitely came across it either in Nabils narrative o...
by British_Bahai
Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:58 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: reasons why the bahai faith is not a cult
Replies: 10
Views: 26260

I havent bought the book (I just gave a reference to it on amazon, thats all)
by British_Bahai
Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:53 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Kashf-al-Ghita (the Bahai Response to 'Nuqtatul-Kaf')
Replies: 21
Views: 34536

Re: Publishing of the Bab's writings

The "big deal" being made over the Bab's Writings not having been fully translated to English also completely ignores the glaring fact that these workss are--and have ALWAYS been--available in the original languages, and that there are many Baha'is (and others) who have read them in those...
by British_Bahai
Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:43 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Kashf-al-Ghita (the Bahai Response to 'Nuqtatul-Kaf')
Replies: 21
Views: 34536

I forgot to add, some parts of the Bayan have been translated into English I bought my copy for £4.95 (so its cheap to buy) details: Selections from the writings of the bab (softcover edition) ISBN(10) 0-87743-311-9 ISBN(13) 978-0-87743-311-8 and it DOES contain a chunky chapter of excerpts from the...
by British_Bahai
Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:32 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: One Muslim has said that Bahaulllah's arabic was rubbish
Replies: 11
Views: 24761

One Muslim has said that Bahaulllah's arabic was rubbish

Hi everyone One person has said that Bahaullah is fake because His arabic was rubbish (im obviously paraphrasing) and that its incomparable to the Quran. I do not speak arabic so I cant tell the difference. Im after some quotes/opinions etc because I would like to read about this in more detail Thanks
by British_Bahai
Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:22 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Proofs of the existence of God
Replies: 7
Views: 15622

Hatcher's proof is a good one
(the mathematical proof for the exitence of God)

This is a good link http://www.mit.edu/~hooman/AtheismAndGod.html
by British_Bahai
Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:40 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: reasons why the bahai faith is not a cult
Replies: 10
Views: 26260

Re: (good article) reasons why the bahai faith is not a cult

* Hassan, Steven, Combating Cult Mind Control, Park Street Press, One Park Street, Rochester, Vermont 05767, 1988, ISBN 0-89281-311-3. "The Four Components of Mind Control", pages 59-67. This is the book on Amazon, if anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.com/Combatting-Cult-Mind-Contro...
by British_Bahai
Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:06 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Kashf-al-Ghita (the Bahai Response to 'Nuqtatul-Kaf')
Replies: 21
Views: 34536

Re: More about Nuqtat-al Kaf

There is a REASON why the full Bayan and the writing of Quddus will NEVER be published by Haifa. But if I told you, I would be banned from the Forum forever.....which is another way to "suppress" information not liked. True, but not liked. What makes you so sure ? For example, the Kitab-i...
by British_Bahai
Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:08 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Unity Of Religion
Replies: 14
Views: 19746

Also: go to this page which has info on the following: _____________________________________________________________ RELIGIOUS UNITY # Messianic Prophecies from the Founders of the World's Great Religions Messianic prophecies from the Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Zoroastrian, Islamic and other relig...
by British_Bahai
Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:44 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Equality of men and women
Replies: 11
Views: 20726

I thought this is kinda relevant to this thread....

A Compilation on Women
(Compiled by the Research Department of the Universal House of Justice, Bahá’í World Centre, January 1986)


Free to download (as a .pdf or .doc) from here
by British_Bahai
Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:41 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Equality of men and women
Replies: 11
Views: 20726

Re: Equality of men and women

BruceDLimber wrote:Sorry; I don't have it at hand.

Perhaps someone else here does.

Regards,

Bruce

Never mind, I'll have a hunt for it myself
by British_Bahai
Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:40 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: COMPASSION---Is the compassion of Jesus too good to be true?
Replies: 1
Views: 6207

Re: COMPASSION---Is the compassion of Jesus too good to be t

Do you think this is a lie, or it does not know what it is talking about?If you think this is untrue, and not factual, do you think it is easy to conclude that the other 1,350,000 words on its 2097 pages are also untrue and therefore there is no reason to actually read any of them? Well i dont thin...
by British_Bahai
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:48 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Equality of men and women
Replies: 11
Views: 20726

Re: Equality of men and women

BruceDLimber wrote:Also, it's worth noting that our scriptures don't say women are "excluded" from this, but rather "excused." Slight difference in nuance.

Do you know the original quote? I cant find it
by British_Bahai
Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:25 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Lord have mercy on me, how could i have been so wrong for so
Replies: 6
Views: 9870

That is, i think it is more important for all of us to maintain good, gracious spiritual relationships than to lose our spiritual unity due to our intellectual imperfections and conflicts... Thats the reason why the Bahai teachings have said that if religion is the cause of disunity then it is bett...
by British_Bahai
Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:04 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Lord have mercy on me, how could i have been so wrong for so
Replies: 6
Views: 9870

There seems some goodness and some badness in all religions, but too often there is resistence to even talking about reforms on tenets that are clearly problematic. But dont you think that once someone tries to "reform" a religion, they are changing parts of it to suit them and hence they...
by British_Bahai
Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:56 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Kashf-al-Ghita (the Bahai Response to 'Nuqtatul-Kaf')
Replies: 21
Views: 34536

Re: More about Nuqtat-al Kaf

There is a REASON why the full Bayan and the writing of Quddus will NEVER be published by Haifa. But if I told you, I would be banned from the Forum forever.....which is another way to "suppress" information not liked. True, but not liked. What do you think the reason is? Im sure Jonah wo...
by British_Bahai
Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:59 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Lord have mercy on me, how could i have been so wrong for so
Replies: 6
Views: 9870

Right, i have no problem with that. Indeed, i must believe that we are taught---and learn-- from the outside by the best of manifested teachings/writings; and, that we are taught---and learn--- from the inside by the Presence of the Perfect Spirit of our One and Only God of All of us... That's what...
by British_Bahai
Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:37 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Lord have mercy on me, how could i have been so wrong for so
Replies: 6
Views: 9870

Sorry Richard, I'm still a little unsure what you mean by this : ...but i think we need to realisitically face, and deal with, those things in our midsts that are antagonistic to the peace and welefare of all persons. It is a challenge that must be recognized and accepted, locally and globaly... Ho...
by British_Bahai
Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:50 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Bimanism?
Replies: 13
Views: 23354

Certain translations of the bible do use phrases like that. But yes, I'm starting to think it's a joke. it is quite funny though, when you re-read what theyve wrote :D 2. BIM spoke to his people, "I've given you every sort of seed-bearing plant on Earth and every kind of fruit-bearing tree, gi...
by British_Bahai
Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:40 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Spiritual capacity - everyone is different (quote from HW)
Replies: 3
Views: 8560

Allah'U Abbah i think its maybe, Also, Because the Bahai' Faith has origine from Soufisme (Tariqa Naqshbandiyya) and inthe sufis traditions there are many stade of comprehension of Qu'Ran and i think we must do a kind of evolution in Holy Text OF Baha'i Faith : Two factors: The person who receves T...
by British_Bahai
Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:41 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Bimanism?
Replies: 13
Views: 23354

Also, with all due respect, the initial passages are not that profound or well written. Indeed, my honest first impression is that it was written by an atheist as a satire on the Bible and other religious texts. hmm...now that you mention that, i can see what you mean. For example, 3. BIM cameth wi...
by British_Bahai
Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:23 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Bimanism?
Replies: 13
Views: 23354

Re: Bimanism?

Zazaban wrote:I'll post the rest of the book eventually.

make sure its okay to do that (e.g. copyrights, etc).
by British_Bahai
Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:22 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Lord have mercy on me, how could i have been so wrong for so
Replies: 6
Views: 9870

im a bit confused... what are you trying to say?
by British_Bahai
Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:05 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Equality of men and women
Replies: 11
Views: 20726

Re: Equality of men and women

british_bahai wrote:(2) The stipulation over membership does not contradict the principle of the equality of men and women - in fact the House of Justice promotes and implements this throughout the Bahai world.

http://news.bahai.org/story/592
by British_Bahai
Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:25 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Bab's declaration: What Quran verse did he unseal?
Replies: 4
Views: 16205

Bab's declaration: What Quran verse did he unseal?

There are many references in the Quran referring to the coming of Imam Mahdi. He is to explain the meaning of a difficult verse in the Quran which even the Muslim scholars at the time were unable to do. Questions: (1) Im looking for those verses in the Quran that specifically states that the Mahdi w...
by British_Bahai
Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:56 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: proofs of second coming in the bible
Replies: 3
Views: 9435

You're amazing!
Thanks :D I will let him know you replied
by British_Bahai
Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:44 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: proofs of second coming in the bible
Replies: 3
Views: 9435

proofs of second coming in the bible

My friend has emailed me and asked me to post these questions on this messageboard: ================================================ Here's my quesiton: "Only just a freshy to studying prophecies from the bible on the faith, and am hoping someone can shed light on a couple of questions i have, ...
by British_Bahai
Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:21 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Spiritual capacity - everyone is different (quote from HW)
Replies: 3
Views: 8560

In that quote, I see the proof of Progressive Revelation. that makes sense too... God doesn't reveal all the teachings needed by mankind at once because they're not ready for them. Also related: St John.16 Verses 12 to 33 [12] I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. [13...
by British_Bahai
Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:00 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Spiritual capacity - everyone is different (quote from HW)
Replies: 3
Views: 8560

Spiritual capacity - everyone is different (quote from HW)

I came across an interesting Hidden Word: O SON OF BEAUTY! By My spirit and by My favor! By My mercy and by My beauty! All that I have revealed unto thee with the tongue of power, and have written for thee with the pen of might, hath been in accordance with thy capacity and understanding , not with ...
by British_Bahai
Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:01 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Kashf-al-Ghita (the Bahai Response to 'Nuqtatul-Kaf')
Replies: 21
Views: 34536

Bruce - Please post some good links (thanks)
by British_Bahai
Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:45 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Symbolic = Confusion????
Replies: 44
Views: 63192

Re: Symbolic = Confusion????

As to why so much is symbolic, especially in older religions there are many metaphors and things that, if taken literally, will quickly yield nonsense! More recent religions have less of this, and in the Baha'i scriptures, such symbolism is largely confined to mystical works such as The Seven Valle...
by British_Bahai
Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:52 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Basic principles of the Bahai Faith
Replies: 14
Views: 19793

This is another good quote which i just came across - Religion and science are the two wings upon which man's intelligence can soar into the heights, with which the human soul can progress. It is not possible to fly with one wing alone! Should a man try to fly with the wing of religion alone he woul...
by British_Bahai
Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:36 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Symbolic = Confusion????
Replies: 44
Views: 63192

Why is is that WE, as Bahai's are not allowed to debate?...i mean religious debate! Do you mean debate with people of other religions? We are not allowed to argue: Do not argue with anyone, and be wary of disputation. Speak out the truth. If your hearer accepteth, the aim is achieved. If he is obdu...
by British_Bahai
Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:26 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: reasons why the bahai faith is not a cult
Replies: 10
Views: 26260

reasons why the bahai faith is not a cult

A good refence point http://bahai-library.com/essays/cult.html Im sure weve all come across random people online that have posted things claiming that the bahai faith is a cult because they do xyz (a list of absurd & made-up things which the bahais are meant to do - showing that they have absolu...
by British_Bahai
Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:41 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: (yet another excellent website) http://bahairesearch.com/
Replies: 1
Views: 6910

How so? (constructive criticism please)
:-k
Sean H. wrote:Great site!!! It's exactly one of the things we need, an Ocean that people don't have to download.

It's not perfect
, but it's wonderful. Thanks for the link.
by British_Bahai
Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:37 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: I have a question whether or not a prayer like this exists?
Replies: 6
Views: 15002

Well, maybe you should! ;) Im a bit like that aswell & so's my mum It was just a dream I had. I was having some problems, and someone told me in my dream that there was this prayer that the Bab' said, but you had to hear it 19 times before you recited it yourself... I don't put much credence on ...
by British_Bahai
Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:14 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: I have a question whether or not a prayer like this exists?
Replies: 6
Views: 15002

where did u hear about this, or who told u this (eg did u read about this on the net, or did someone tell u this and u no longer have contact with this person?) the answer to this question will give u an indication as to how correct (the fact about this prayer) is true... (i.e. - almost always, thin...
by British_Bahai
Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:50 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: The Bab and Shoghi Effendi on Abortion
Replies: 4
Views: 12180

Re: The Bab and Shoghi Effendi on Abortion

The practice of abortion--which is absolutely criminal as it involves the deliberate destruction of human life--is forbidden in the Cause. (to an individual believer, 25 August 1939) (Darrick, please do not take this the wrong way - its in my nature to question everything that i read, in particular...
by British_Bahai
Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:30 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Equality of men and women
Replies: 11
Views: 20726

Re: Equality of men and women

(1) Bahaullah Himself stipulated the male membership of the Universal House of Justice and no reason was given. Every religion has mysteries, and our scriptures indicate that the reason will become clear in the future. (2) The stipulation over membership does not contradict the principle of the equa...
by British_Bahai
Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:07 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: (yet another excellent website) http://bahairesearch.com/
Replies: 1
Views: 6910

(yet another excellent website) http://bahairesearch.com/

:indy: Ladies and gentlemen! Yet another excellent website: http://bahairesearch.com/ ...and it supports these languages Arabic Bulgarian Chinese Dutch English French German Hungarian Japanese Persian Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian Its kinda similar to the Ocean software, which is free to down...
by British_Bahai
Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:11 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: The Carrot, the Stick, the Maiden, and the Fire...
Replies: 5
Views: 15183

Wow, you should write a book - I learnt a lot from just reading this.

Good stuff, keep it up.
by British_Bahai
Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:12 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Fruits and Healing
Replies: 2
Views: 8036

wow, excellent!
u should post up more of these types of bahai predictions and (fulfilments) (if thats the proper term)

i love reading things like these
by British_Bahai
Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:15 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: world and great peace Vs family excommunication
Replies: 7
Views: 15827

Re: A misunderstanding apparently

If a worker in a company insists on making a claim that he is the real CEO of the company, of course, any reasonable company would eject him. It is not that such a company has prejudice. It is necessary to maintain its own functioning. Brett excellent analogy, i think more people understand it when...
by British_Bahai
Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:55 pm
Forum: Non-Baha'i issues
Topic: Ignorance & Apathy Contrasted--- and Overcome by Spiritu
Replies: 1
Views: 18493

Testing, testing... Last explanatory post and request for the sharing of perspectives and light on the ignorance of apathy disappeared? Is the delete icon only on new messages for a while so anyone can delete them if they object to something based on first impressions and/or misunderstandings, in t...
by British_Bahai
Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:24 pm
Forum: News
Topic: september 2007 - iranian government again target bahais
Replies: 0
Views: 7551

september 2007 - iranian government again target bahais

> IRANIAN GOVERNMENT CAMPAIGN AGAINST BAHA'IS SHOWS NEW FACETS > > NEW YORK, 21 September 2007 (BWNS) -- The bulldozing of a Baha'i cemetery in Iran last week is the latest in a series of incidents in a government-led campaign of hatred against Baha'is. > > The destruction of the cemetery by individ...

Go to advanced search