IRFAN COLLOQUIA 2008
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The main objectives of the Irfan Colloquium and its publications are to encourage, support and promote deeper and systematic studies in the Baha’i Writings and beliefs. This year’s theme is “Some Answered Questions” in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the publication of that book. Therefore, presentations on aspects, topics or concepts described in that book will be especially welcome. Participants at the colloquia sessions, in addition to benefiting from the scholarly presentations, have a unique opportunity for associating with scholars and those seriously interested in Baha’i studies and discussing topics of mutual interests. Furthermore, they receive a set of Irfan publications that include the abstracts and the texts of the papers presented at the Irfan Colloquia as well as valuable elucidations.
Proposal Submission Information:
Please pay attention to the following guidelines for submitting your proposals
1. Type the title in capital letters on the first line. Skip a line.
2. Type the author’s name/s. Skip a line.
3. Type a proposal abstract (about 500 words) that includes the main points, methodology, and final conclusion.
4. If necessary include the main references for further studies.
Deadline for submission is four months before the colloquium
Please transmit abstract electronically to: Iraj (AT) aymanha.com and iayman (AT) usbnc.org
Visit Irfan Colloquium’s web site for more information: http://www.irfancolloquium.org
Calendar of Events
*May 29-June 1, 2008: Bosch Baha’i School, Santa Cruz, CA (Persian and English)
** June 26 - July 1, 2008: Center for Baha’i Studies, Acuto, Italy (Persian)
July 3-6, 2008: Center for Baha’i Studies, Acuto, Italy (English)
[Note: Acuto Irfan sessions will include a Methodology Workshop]
July 24-27, 2008: Conference Center, Tambach, Germany (German)
October 9-12, 2008: Louhelen Baha’i School, Davison, MI (Persian and English)
* There will be a special program for commemoration of the Ascension of Baha’u’llah on early morning of May 29th.
** July 2 is for an optional group tour
1. All programs start after dinner on the first day. All sessions end after lunch on the last day except the sessions at Acuto that end at the evening of the last day
2. Proposals for presentations should be sent no later than four month in advance of each session. Please see http://www.irfancolloquium.org
for information and address.
3. For registration and reservations contact the hosting institutions. This information can be found at http://www.irfancolloquium.org