Eternal

Unborn

Self effulgent

Realized by His divine grace.

The above are main wordings of GURU NANAK

Similarly i thought bahai believe on above things
Every God's Avtar told above things

But we............

Well any queries then i am here..............

palatadvor

Postby palatadvor » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:39 am

Concept ->

Religon is a way, according to sikhism..................Religon is a way to god.

Treat god as ocean and religons are way or rivers which move toward that ocean.
Ways are different but destination is same....................to god..

And i know the above is also teaching of bahais, Muslims, hindues, christians

Baha'i Warrior

Re: Sikhism

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:13 am

sikhsm wrote:Sikhism Stress on ->

There is only one God.

This is what the Baha'is believe, yes.

sikhsm wrote:His name is Truth

The central figures, or divinely appointed persons, of the Baha'i Faith refer to God by many Names; He bears all the "most excellent titles." This is mentioned, for example, in a Baha'i prayer revealed by the Bab, a Prophet who foretold the coming of Baha'u'llah:

Say: God is indeed the Maker of all things. He giveth sustenance in plenty to whomsoever He willeth. He is the Creator, the Source of all beings, the Fashioner, the Almighty, the Maker, the All-Wise. He is the Bearer of the most excellent titles throughout the heavens and the earth and whatever lieth between them. All do His bidding, and all the dwellers of earth and heaven celebrate His praise, and unto Him shall all return.

sikhsm wrote:Without fear

Without enmity

Truly God, by definition, is entirely rid of all negative attributes. For how could He, the Creator of all, be fearful or possess hate? These negative traits (cowardice and hate) seen in men are not found in God Himself nor in the world of spirit (the spiritual worlds of God). When religious scriptures speak of God's wrath, this wrath refers to His justice being acted on men. As one of the divinely appointed persons (that I mentioned above) 'Abdu'l-Baha, son of Baha'u'llah and the interpreter of the Baha'i Writings, states, again in a Baha'i prayer,

Shouldst Thou [God] deal with us with Thy justice, we are all naught but sinners and deserving to be shut out from Thee, but shouldst Thou uphold mercy, every sinner would be made pure and every stranger a friend.

Indeed, the reason mankind has not been destroyed is because God has withheld his justice (wrath) from men and instead, as the prayer above states, shown mercy. Indeed, the Koran says:

Should God punish men for their perverse doings, he would not leave on earth a moving thing! but to an appointed term doth He respite them; and when their term is come, they shall not delay or advance it an hour. (Sura LXXIII, verse 61) .

sikhsm wrote:Eternal

Unborn

Self effulgent

Realized by His divine grace.

The above are main wordings of GURU NANAK

Again, God's existence has no beginning or end. He is indeed effulgent; true enlightenment is only with God. Him (and His creation) are eternal. As 'Abdu'l-Baha explains:

God has no beginning and no ending; nor is His creation limited ever as to degree. Limitations of time and degree pertain to things created, never to the creation as a whole. They pertain to the forms of things, not to their realities. The effulgence of God cannot be suspended. The sovereignty of God cannot be interrupted. (Foundations of World Unity p. 53)

sikhsm wrote:Similarly i thought bahai believe on above things
Every God's Avtar told above things

Baha'is don't use the term "Avatar" because it refers to an "incarnation of a Hindu deity." We use the terms such as "Manifestation of God" or "Prophet." But yes, as you say, every Prophet of God has taught men the essential truth of the oneness of God.

sikhsm wrote:Concept ->

Religon is a way, according to sikhism..................Religon is a way to god.

Treat god as ocean and religons are way or rivers which move toward that ocean.
Ways are different but destination is same....................to god..

And i know the above is also teaching of bahais, Muslims, hindues, christians

Since all the Prophets are sent by the same God, we see much overlap in the essential portions of their teachings. As you point out, Baha'is, Muslims, Christians and Hindus all are followers of God, but pledge allegiance to different Faiths. The analogy of God as an ocean and religion as rivers is certainly an effective one.

However, God informs us, through His Prophets, that more Prophets are to come. God never stops sending to humanity Messengers. We constantly need guidance from God. As our world changes over hundreds and thousands of years, we continually need new teachings that are specific to the new and unique problems of the new age. Newer religions of God provide newer teachings which are essential to mankind if humanity wants to be "re-guided" onto the right path, that is, the path toward God the Creator.

The Baha'i Faith claims to be the newest revelation sent down by God. Baha'u'llah declares that He is the Prophet that we should turn to for guidance. People of all Faiths were awaiting His return, and so in 1844 what Baha'is refer to as the "Cycle of Fulfillment" was inaugurated by the Bab. The prophesies of all past religions have been fulfilled, and Baha'is invite members of all religions to investigate the claims and teachings of Baha'u'llah. For an overview of basic Baha'i beliefs, you can go here: http://www.bahai.us/bahai-beliefs.

Take care Sikhsm, and thanks for your contribution.

palatadvor

Postby palatadvor » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:42 am

His name is Truth

I have written wrongly sorry to god, His name is not truth
I mean to say He is truth

Because guru gobind singh said
Namstam anaamae(name less)

God have no name. God is name less

God has no beginning and no ending; nor is His creation limited ever as to degree. Limitations of time and degree pertain to things created, never to the creation as a whole.

Same wordings, i dont tell u sorry for that, said by guru nanak dev jee
i.e
Aad Sach
Jugad Sach
Hai Bhi Sach
Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach

True before creation
True through all ages
True also today
says Nanak,
True He shall eternally be.

Baha'is don't use the term "Avatar"

Avtar word i used is for prophets, god roops who take birth on earth....

Mr. warrior, Dont take it as religiously
Words are different but defination behind that word is same.....you know better then me.

I waana ask you, See pic is his name abdul baha the prophet - avtar

Now i understand he also have uncut hairs...........and i know mostly bahais are cutting their hairs.

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:49 am

Abdul Baha is not a Prophet. It is possible he is with a prophet with a small p but he is definatly not with a capital P.

The rule on cutting hair looks to me to apply to ear hair. back in 19th century persia men would wear ear hair very long.
However the rule is not defied so it's up to personal interpetation for now.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:59 am

Zazaban, the U.H.J. still needs to determine what that verse means (like you say its up to personal interp. now). It might mean that men cannot grow their hair long (not ear hair; the ear is spoken of in the context of hair length), but as in the note in the Aqdas it still is up to the U.H.J. to rule on that. For now men can grow their hair long I believe.

There were reasons why 'Abdu'l-Baha kept His hair long, but that doesn't mean we can if the U.H.J. rules that Baha'i men can't.

Zazaban wrote:Abdul Baha is not a Prophet. It is possible he is with a prophet with a small p but he is definatly not with a capital P.

The rule on cutting hair looks to me to apply to ear hair. back in 19th century persia men would wear ear hair very long.
However the rule is not defied so it's up to personal interpetation for now.

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:57 pm

Baha'i Warrior wrote:Zazaban, the U.H.J. still needs to determine what that verse means (like you say its up to personal interp. now). It might mean that men cannot grow their hair long (not ear hair; the ear is spoken of in the context of hair length), but as in the note in the Aqdas it still is up to the U.H.J. to rule on that. For now men can grow their hair long I believe.

There were reasons why 'Abdu'l-Baha kept His hair long, but that doesn't mean we can if the U.H.J. rules that Baha'i men can't.
That's what I said. "However the rule is not defied so it's up to personal interpetation for now." That is my personal interpetation and that is all. Since otherwise having the rule to not glow hair below the ears and not shave your head would be contradictory, as you seen to shave part of your head so that you would not have hair below ear level.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

palatadvor

Postby palatadvor » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:15 pm

Wats this capital small

Man Prophet = massenger am i rite........

Abdul baha was also massenger of god am i rite

So wat happens if i called him prophet

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:21 pm

sikhsm wrote:Wats this capital small

Abdul Baha is not the main prophet. Baha'u'llah is he was a messenger of God, Allah, Eiohim, Jehovah, Brahma, or whatever you call her. Abdul Baha was only a follower, a prophet perhaps, but a minor prophet.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:41 am

It may seem contradictory to some, but it isn't. Shaving refers to having your scalp exposed, because Baha'u'llah says (I believe) that we have hair to cover our scalps, to make our heads look more sightly—something to that effect. Anyway, it wouldn't be contradictory because men shave their beards, so where you shave is important here. So it depends where you shave. If your barber shaves the back of your neck it's because you have excess hair there, so those are two totally different things.

My personal belief is that what Baha'u'llah means is that men cannot have long hair that falls below the ears. (If you are a P.O.W. and you had your ears cut off, then the rule would apply to where your ears should be.) Anyway, this is my belief :). Shaving the head I think is obvious...

"Shave not your heads; God hath adorned them with hair, and in this there are signs from the Lord of creation to those who reflect upon the requirements of nature. He, verily, is the God of strength and wisdom. Notwithstanding, it is not seemly to let the hair pass beyond the limit of the ears. Thus hath it been decreed by Him Who is the Lord of all worlds."
—Aqdas

However, I found quote on this website, which might explain your position, Zazaban (assuming you got your idea from this):

"Lawrence Hautz told how on his way to visit the Guardian, he intended to shave off his moustache to obey the Aqdas. He forgot to do so, and discovered the Guardian with the same style of moustache, so he asked about the law of hair beyond the ear. He told us the Guardian explained that this refers only to hair growing inside the ear. In some cultures, such as Chinese, it was stylish not only to let hair grow there, but even to braid it." <http://bahai-library.com/wwwboard/messages03/128.html>

However, the authenticity is in question. Also, the Guardian says in the Aqdas that "this law will require clarification by the Universal House of Justice", which makes me wonder if Shoghi Effendi really did mention hair growing in the ear to that guy.

Also, one more thing about shaving the head: In the Aqdas...

"Question: Shaving the head hath been forbidden in the Kitáb-i-Aqdas but enjoined in the Súriy-i-Hajj.

Answer: All are charged with obedience to the Kitáb-i-Aqdas; whatsoever is revealed therein is the Law of God amid His servants. The injunction on pilgrims to the sacred House to shave the head hath been lifted." Source: Q10

and also:

"Shave not your heads

In some religious traditions it is considered desirable to shave one's head. The shaving of the head is forbidden by Bahá'u'lláh, and He makes it clear that the provision contained in His Súriy-i-Hajj requiring pilgrims to the Holy House in Shíráz to shave their heads has been superseded through this verse of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Q and A 10)." Source: n68

Seems pretty clear to me, but anyway as far as I know at this time Baha'i men can grow long/shave off their hair:

From UHJ:

"IV.D.1.y, The laws prohibiting the use of the type of pools which used xxv, xxx, to be found in Persian baths, the plunging of one's hand in xxxi & food, the shaving of one's head and the growth of men's hair xxxii below the lobe of the ear."—Source: <http://bahai-library.com/?file=uhj_laws_not_binding>

.........We will see though. I think the U.H.J. and the Baha'i world have more important things to worry about now. If we told men they couldn't shave their heads/grow their hair long now, that'd probably alienate some Baha'is or some potential to-be Baha'is.

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:48 am

His station is very high, but not that of Prophethood.

You said:

sikhsm wrote:Wats this capital small

From the Baha'i Writings:

"My station is the station of servitude—a servitude which is complete, pure and real, firmly established, enduring, obvious, explicitly revealed and subject to no interpretation whatever... I am the Interpreter of the Word of God; such is my interpretation."

— `Abdu'l-Bahá, cited in The World Order of Baha'u'llah, p. 133

"He is, and should for all time be regarded, first and foremost, as the Center and Pivot of Bahá'u'lláh's peerless and all-enfolding Covenant, His most exalted handiwork, the stainless Mirror of His light, the perfect Exemplar of His teachings, the unerring Interpreter of His Word, the embodiment of every Bahá'í ideal, the incarnation of every Bahá'í virtue, the Most Mighty Branch sprung from the Ancient Root, the Limb of the Law of God, the Being "round Whom all names revolve," the Mainspring of the Oneness of Humanity, the Ensign of the Most Great Peace, the Moon of the Central Orb of this most holy Dispensation--styles and titles that are implicit and find their truest, their highest and fairest _expression in the magic name `Abdu'l-Bahá. He is, above and beyond these appellations, the "Mystery of God"--an _expression by which Bahá'u'lláh Himself has chosen to designate Him, and which, while it does not by any means justify us to assign to Him the station of Prophethood, indicates how in the person of `Abdu'l-Bahá the incompatible characteristics of a human nature and superhuman knowledge and perfection have been blended and are completely harmonized."

— Shoghi Effendi, The World Order of Baha'u'llah, p. 134

Source: http://bahai-library.com/downloads/old_site_1997-2003/all_files_old_site/etc/covenantadmin.html

Return to “Discussion”