Vegetarian,uncut hairs....... according to bahai faith??

All research or scholarship questions
palatadvor
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Vegetarian,uncut hairs....... according to bahai faith??

Postby palatadvor » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:27 pm

What is bahaism concept on vegetarians............??

Bahaism promote vegetarian or it's like muslims that you dont eat pig and you can eat cow..................in quran it is even written that you can eat canines.......??

What we call the holy book(if there is) of bahais???????
Here in India there are many bahais but i dont have contact wid anybuddy i have contact wid you people..........

so tell me please
♦ concept of vegetarian in bahai faith??????????????
♦ Concept of uncut hairs???????????????????????????
♦ Islam vs. bahai faith

I want proper answers so pls dont write any other foolish thing.......talk abt said matter only

also watch
http://divinethinkings.googlepages.com/

Jonah
Site Admin
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:25 pm
Location: St Catharines, Ontario (near Niagara Falls)
Contact:

Postby Jonah » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:13 pm

Hi, Sikhsm

You asked the question about hair once before, and got some useful feedback I think. See http://bahai-library.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1104 . An earlier thread with more on this is http://bahai-library.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=333

You can find out the Baha'i stance on vegetarianism by using the Google feature at this site. Click here:

http://google.com/custom?q=vegetarian&s ... ibrary.com
and here
http://google.com/custom?q=vegetarianis ... ibrary.com

-Jonah

Baha'i Warrior
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:07 am
Location: U.S.A.

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:05 am

—Baha'is can be vegatarians if they want. They can also eat meat. But eating meat according to 'Abdu'l-Baha is contrary to compasion. However, we still can eat meat.

—The Aqdas says men can't shave their heads or grow their hair below their ears. However, the UHJ says that these laws are not binding at the moment, so Baha'i men can grow their hair long/shave their heads if they choose to.

—Islam = awaiting the Messenger that they have been promised in the Koran. Baha'i Faith = the Bab and Baha'u'llah fulfill Muslim prophesies as well as others (from other world religions).

palatadvor
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Postby palatadvor » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:02 pm

man i need someones yaho id i cant understand like this and i am not in mood of reading the big books to i mean to say holy books so i need a sant human or you can say a massenger who tells me about this
Who waana become ma prophet??????????
Give me your yahoo id please

Mine - hpt_lucky

playexyshoola
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:41 am

Postby playexyshoola » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:35 pm

Sikhsm

If you are truely intrested to find out answers to your questions, then you must make an effort to research...its not a small topic...people study all their life and still dont have answers to some questions...

PATIANCE IS THE KEY...

asal

choogue
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:54 am

Postby choogue » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:36 pm

Sikhsm,

You may not understand the replies but personally im having difficulties understanding your replies.

Are you trying to be funny when you say:
Who waana become ma prophet??????????


I personally take offence to that and im sure the Bahai's on the forum would to.

man i need someones yaho id i cant understand like this and i am not in mood of reading the big books


Well you should wait until your in the mood then start reading. No need to read the books. Just do a quick search or like what you have done is post a question which got answered. So when your in the mood, read the answer

Regards
Abbas

palatadvor
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Postby palatadvor » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:55 pm

I find that nobody is here to communicate with me and everybuddy take ma wordings to negative way
Ok then i have to do research from myself............thanks for encouragement

i have read on some sites bahai's faith is totally equal to islam, only slight differences

Why abdul baha, babullah (sorry if names r written wrong) need to make another way or religon or panth called bahaism as they were muslims...............they dont like the islam's way or they watch some negative aspects in islam or they find any thing short in islam or they find islam is imperfect....................what negative things they find out and solved in bahaism.

Reason of formation of bahaism?????????????What's new in bahaism as compare to islam???????????anybuddy here

Baha'i Warrior
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:07 am
Location: U.S.A.

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:42 pm

Hi Sikhsm,

sikhsm wrote:I find that nobody is here to communicate with me and everybuddy take ma wordings to negative way
Ok then i have to do research from myself............thanks for encouragement


I didn't take your words as being negative. :?:

sikhsm wrote:i have read on some sites bahai's faith is totally equal to islam, only slight differences


Religions, as Baha'u'llah explains in Tabernacle of Unity, differ only in their nonessential parts. They are all from one God, so they share many similarities. However, you must also consider which sites you look at. A lot of sites about the Baha'i Faith are ridden with inaccuracies. So beware of them. If you show us which sites you went to, it might be more helpful to the discussion.

sikhsm wrote:Why abdul baha, babullah (sorry if names r written wrong) need to make another way or religon or panth called bahaism as they were muslims...............they dont like the islam's way or they watch some negative aspects in islam or they find any thing short in islam or they find islam is imperfect....................what negative things they find out and solved in bahaism.


The Koran says that God will send another Messenger. And that promise has now been fulfilled by Baha'u'llah. Why does God send another Messenger? Because ancient religions do not have the guidance that is needed for modern times. The Baha'i Faith is a modern religion, it is the youngest world religion. It has "new" teachings, and while it might retain some "old" ones, the new ones are indeed absolutely essential.

sikhsm wrote:Reason of formation of bahaism?????????????What's new in bahaism as compare to islam???????????anybuddy here


The teachings are new. Does Islam teach that men and women are equal? No. It teaches that they are unequal. At the time of Islam, Muhammad chose not to explicitly state that men and women are spiritually equal, because the people back then could not understand. Now humans can understand this, and thus with this gain in spiritual capacity, they also need a gain in spiritual teachings.

The Baha'i Faith also has many other important social principles, such as equality of races, oneness of science and religion, universal auxiliary language, etc. These principles are not taught in any other world religion. For them to be implemented effectively, these principles need a spiritual basis. The Baha'i Faith provides that needed spiritual basis.

God knows that our world's biggest problem now is disunity. The Baha'i teachings provide the spiritual basis (principles) to arrive at unity. And unity can only come about through application of these principles, which are guided by the Baha'i writings and the administrative order.

For more info on the principles, I encourage you to check out bahai.us. What are you most interested in? The principles? Baha'u'llah's writings? prophesies? If you let us know we can direct you to appropriate reading materal that addresses your interests.

Take care, and remember we appreciate your intererst and open-mindedness in regards to the Baha'i Faith.

—Warrior

palatadvor
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Postby palatadvor » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:35 am

Bahai warrior you are a real guy thanks for your support...............

pls explain me following concepts also

Circumcision ?????
Marriage more then 1???
Masturbation ???

as i am making a site on googlepages including topic sex and religon in which i have put some links of bahai's sites i need to know about both above concepts also

Baha'i Warrior
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:07 am
Location: U.S.A.

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:36 am

sikhsm wrote:Bahai warrior you are a real guy thanks for your support...............


Well thanks. Again, we do appreciate your interest and enthusiasm.

sikhsm wrote:pls explain me following concepts also

Circumcision ?????


There is no prohibition against circumcision in the Baha'i writings. In fact, the Baha'i Faith teaches that science and religion should work in harmony, and there are health benefits associated with the practice. As to a specific quotation addressing circumcision in the Baha'i Writings, if such writing exists I can't locate it. But if one does exist, either Brett or Jonah (the moderators on this forum) would most likely be able to locate it.

sikhsm wrote:Marriage more then 1???


A man can only have one wife (and vice versa), so polygamy, as 'Abdu'l-Baha explains, is prohibited:

"Know thou that polygamy is not permitted under the law of God, for contentment with one wife hath been clearly stipulated. Taking a second wife is made dependent upon equity and justice being upheld between the two wives, under all conditions. However, observance of justice and equity towards two wives is utterly impossible. The fact that bigamy has been made dependent upon an impossible condition is clear proof of its absolute prohibition. Therefore it is not permissible for a man to have more than one wife."

Source: http://bahai-library.com/?file=uhj_equality_monogamy_uhj.

sikhsm wrote:Masturbation ???


On this issue, the Universal House of Justice states: "Masturbation is clearly not a proper use of the sex instinct, as this is understood in the Faith." Both Baha'u'llah and 'Abdu'l-Baha place a strong emphasis on having pure thoughts. Sometimes wayward thoughts enter our minds because of weakness—and that is not wrong. But it is wrong to act upon and give into these impulses.

Of course, Shoghi Effendi notes that in today's world, where society over-emphasizes (places too much emphasis) on sex, it is harder for us to be chaste (pure). It is in the movies, music, arts, etc. But the sex impulse, Shoghi Effendi says, was given to us by God only be to exercised in marriage. In other words, the only healthy use of the sex impulse is between two married people of the opposite sex. BTW, I should point out since this seems to be such an issue these days, that homosexuality is strictly forbidden in the Writings.

But, whereas it is unlawful to have sex outside of marriage, masturbation—while strongly discouraged as we are exhorted to have pure thoughts—is not prohibited. Meaning, you technically can since there isn't a law prohibiting it in the Kitab-i-Aqdas, but again: If the point of the Baha'i writings is to guide us toward God and make us become more spiritual, then we must also heed to its exhortations.

'Abdu'l-Baha states that "nothing which exists remains in a state of repose—that is to say, all things are in motion," and every day, our actions and thoughts are influencing directly our souls. Our souls are either going closer to God, or moving away from Him, day by day.

If you want a more detailed treatment of the topic, please visit here: http://bahai-library.com/?file=hornby_lights_guidance_2.html&chapter=2#n1220.

sikhsm wrote:as i am making a site on googlepages including topic sex and religon in which i have put some links of bahai's sites i need to know about both above concepts also


So, again, the Baha'i Faith states that the only proper use of the "sex instinct" is between a married man and women, i.e., a traditional marriage.

I hope that helped. If you need some more clarification, please feel free to ask.

Best,

Warrior

brettz9
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:12 pm
Contact:

Postby brettz9 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:44 am

As to circumcision, in Lights of Guidance, no. 981, there is this quote:

"The beloved Guardian says that the question of circumcision has nothing to do with the Baha'i Teachings; and the believers are free to do as they please in the matter."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, March 27, 1954: Some Aspects of Health, Healing, Nutrition and related Matters, April 1984, p. 14)


Although circumcision was a practice of the Jewish Faith, its real meaning has been for us to circumcise our hearts (not literally of course).

best,
Brett

Baha'i Warrior
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:07 am
Location: U.S.A.

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:52 am

Sikhsm,

I went to your site by the way. I just want to address the many links to homosexuality and "gay Baha'is" (http://www.bridges-across.org/ba/faith_communities.htm#baha%27i). If you already know this, please disregard it—but you will find many kinds of people on Google who call themselves "Baha'is." There is a deviant subculture who proudly label themselves "Gay Baha'is," but please take note that since the Aqdas clearly prohibits homosexuality, these people who utterly disregard the law and are vocal about their defiance (open homosexual orientations) are not Baha'is, and are liable to having their memberships revoked. Homosexuals are allowed entrance into the Baha'i Faith (as you point out on your site) only if they recognize that their impulses need to be corrected, and refrain from homosexual acts.

On Google you will find many other ex-Baha'is and the like who break away from the Baha'i Faith and who form their own cults (but call it "Baha'i"). Please be cautious of them as they are not considered Baha'is by the UHJ, and the UHJ has the power to decide who are/aren't Baha'is. There is only one "Baha'i," not many sects like in Islam or Christianity.

Again, sorry if you already knew this, but I wanted to inform you in case you didn't know since you are making a site with information about the Baha'i Faith.

—Warrior

palatadvor
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 am
Location: Россия
Contact:

Postby palatadvor » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:31 am

ok man i was busy some where now i am back i have taken that link and i will add it to ma site shortly.....thanks for your support
do u have yahoo id???????????

Baha'i Warrior
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:07 am
Location: U.S.A.

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:33 pm

No, I never got into chat, sorry. But you can PM me :). I'd be happy to talk with you more.

Warrior

sikhsm wrote:ok man i was busy some where now i am back i have taken that link and i will add it to ma site shortly.....thanks for your support
do u have yahoo id???????????


Return to “Discussion”