A bahai point of view on non bahai points of vue

All research or scholarship questions
moyo

A bahai point of view on non bahai points of vue

Postby moyo » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:51 pm

Hello

I want to say just few words.

Me too I thought I was a "good christian".

On december 2003 I read the Kitab'i'Aqdas.

Since that I know Baha'u'llah is God.

He is the one who does what He wants.

The beginning of everything is Him. The end of all things is Him.

Good day.

mattrose

Postby mattrose » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:45 pm

Thanks for the info

It's good to hear about people's spiritual journeys

I was raised in a Christian church, but became very frustrated with Christianity in my teen years. It didn't make a difference. I was depressed and lonely. It frustrated me that my friends and I were 'church kids' but were no different than anyone else. One night, my friends were telling dirty jokes and I just sick of it so I went to my room and prayed.

After praying for a while I felt compelled to open up my Bible. I opened right to Romans 12:1-2 which basically says, 'don't be like the world any longer, be transformed by the renewing of your mind.' I made a committment right then to allow God to change me. And He did so. I lost my bad temper. I cheered up. I became much more confident in who I was, etc.

But being a skeptical person by nature I needed to continue searching for answers to tough questions. Why is their evil in this world if God is good? What about the theory of evolution? Is their proof that Jesus rose from the dead? Etc. I began to search out answers for those questions and found great answers through Christian apologetics.

And in my studies, thoughts, prayers, etc...I have come to realize that there is no other way to be saved outside of Jesus Christ. The Christian answer is the only one that takes care of the problem. People are sinful. People are incapable of saving themselves. God must save us. And to be honest, God becoming flesh is the only way that makes sense to me.

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:33 pm

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for sharing with us your own spiritual journey.

There is such a stark lack of holiness in this age, it is hard to find any respite from it or avoid being tainted by it to some degree. And it is refreshing to see people take it seriously for its impact whether on our souls in the hereafter or in its darkening of our present happiness, rather than believe in some non-Biblical man-made theology that tries to justify sinful actions in the name of people having been saved. Or as the Apostle Paul stated, "What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!" (Romans 6:15).

The Baha'i Writings call us to also be born again (one passage cites the Bible on this topic).

As you may be aware, the Baha'i explanation of Christ being the only way (His context in this statement was not about condemning other religions if you will notice; what was the Way during Moses' time?) is that it is Christ here speaking as the Holy Spirit. And as He said He would come again, we believe that in His newest Manifestation of the Word made flesh, it is incumbent on all to obey Him--the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

best wishes,
Brett

Return to “Discussion”