obscure references from Baha'i Procedure/Community

All research or scholarship questions
brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:23 pm

Greetings!

Unfortunately, I was not able to find the quotation, but you may be interested in this notation within the preface to "Principles of Baha'i Administration":

THIS book, which is intended for use by Assemblies, groups, and individuals as a guide to procedure in the life and organic activity of the Bahá'í Community, was prepared from three main sources, Bahá'í Administration, Bahá'í Procedure (1937 and 1942 editions), and Bahá'í Community, all published by the Publishing Committee of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the United States of America.

at http://bahai-library.com/file.php5?file ... nistration

We'd love to have the earlier works online (or their unique quotations) if you end up finding the works and feeling inspired!

best wishes,
Brett

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:58 pm

Well, first order of preference is if you can just upload them yourself using the interface we designed for this purpose. Anyone can upload a file subject to review if they just register at this site and login (an "upload" link will appear in the top-right hand side of the screen that you can click). I'd of course be very happy to answer any questions if they came up during this process.

If you aren't willing to go through that process, you can send the files to me: brettz9<emailsign>yahoo<period>com . I don't mind helping out and doing this, especially if the files contain authoritative quotations not found elsewhere (as is the case here).

thanks and best wishes,
Brett

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Oh, sorry, one more thing... I just now noticed you said "files so far". Did you send them to Jonah or did you upload them via this site? If the latter (or the former), it still depends on Jonah to approve them.

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:06 pm

oooh... sorry, I get it now. I'll have to still ask Jonah because I don't remember anything about that (and I think I sure would have if so). Anyways, that is super, super news, thanks.

Also, FYI, as you may have seen, I've been working on (volume 1 of) Star of the West and adding it bit by bit on this forum (while keeping a local file). If that fits in to your plans (or if I can fit into them), let me know. You could also private message me here if you think that is suitable.

best wishes,
Brett

Return to “Discussion”