more info - book of Daniel & Ezra (+other books in Bible

All research or scholarship questions
shm

more info - book of Daniel & Ezra (+other books in Bible

Postby shm » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:30 am

In some answered question it mentioned proofs from the book of Daniel of the coming of Bahaullah.

I was just wondering who is Daniel, is he a sort of Messenger of God, also other books are refered to such as the book of Ezra. What are these, when were they revealed, and are they related to any of the religions? thanks a lot

British_Bahai

Re: Daniel

Postby British_Bahai » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:04 pm

shm wrote:In some answered question it mentioned proofs from the book of Daniel of the coming of Bahaullah.

I was just wondering who is Daniel, is he a sort of Messenger of God,
also other books are refered to such as the book of Ezra. What are these, when were they revealed, and are they related to any of the religions? thanks a lot

i am copying this small paragraph from a v.useful section at the back of my bible

The English Bible follows the greek ordering by placing Daniel among the prophets rather than among the writings, as in the Hebrew Bible. Such variations can affect interpretation. Instead of being a sage and a visionary, Daniel is joined to the 'goodly fellowshio of the prophets' and becomes, therefore, more important in Christian traditions than inJewish. Of the three books which follow the book of Ezekiel in the Greek Bible - Susanna, Daniel and Bel and the Dragon - only Daniel is included among the prophets; the other two books appear in the Apocrypha.

since its best to only ever have just one copy of the bible (so u can keep all your annotations in them,etc, and never have to transfer all your notes/annotations from one to anther) then just buy a bible which has both the old and new testament. i bought this one especially,because its the king james version and had so many features. it even includes the "apohyca" (which not many bibles have)

Shoghi effendi used the king james version of the bible because it is the easiest to read.

at the end of this particular one, the publishers have included about 100 pages which includes-

*glossary
*explanatory notes of -old
-new testament
(it has notes for each of the books, so has notes on daniel, micah, proverbs, etc)
*maps

get it, id recommend it, it only cost me £10 (~$20) and it was useful when i was reading the Thief inthe Night book, because i kept on making notes in this bible and highlighting passages etc

i hope this helps answer your question about daniel.
To be honest, i dont really know anything about daniel, because i havent read the detailed information at the back of this bible.

Return to “Discussion”