Spiritual capacity - everyone is different (quote from HW)

All research or scholarship questions
British_Bahai

Spiritual capacity - everyone is different (quote from HW)

Postby British_Bahai » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:00 am

I came across an interesting Hidden Word:

O SON OF BEAUTY!
By My spirit and by My favor! By My mercy and by My beauty! All that I have revealed unto thee with the tongue of power, and have written for thee with the pen of might, hath been in accordance with thy capacity and understanding, not with My state and the melody of My voice.

(emphasis added)
reference - The Hidden Words of Bahá'u'lláh, Part I--From the Arabic, number 67 http://bahai-library.org/writings/bahau ... ic/67.html

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:21 pm

Sean H. wrote:In that quote, I see the proof of Progressive Revelation.
that makes sense too...

Sean H. wrote:God doesn't reveal all the teachings needed by mankind at once because they're not ready for them.
Also related:

St John.16 Verses 12 to 33

[12] I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
[14] He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

and also:

St John.16 Verse 25
[25] These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

(King James version of the bible)

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:40 pm

God_Keep_Me_In_The_Way wrote:Allah'U Abbah

i think its maybe, Also, Because the Bahai' Faith has origine from Soufisme (Tariqa Naqshbandiyya) and inthe sufis traditions there are many stade of comprehension of Qu'Ran and i think we must do a kind of evolution in Holy Text OF Baha'i Faith :

Two factors: The person who receves The Holy Text and the Situation that the person think (to resolve problem). (scuse me for my English ^^ ).

(it didnt).

Return to “Discussion”