IS BahaUllah venerated By baha'i?

All research or scholarship questions
British_Bahai

Re: IS BahaUllah venerated By baha'i?

Postby British_Bahai » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:40 pm

I haven't looked it up the meaning of "Venerated" but here are my replies:

God_Keep_Me_In_The_Way wrote:Hello everybody when i read" manifestation of God" i understand" manifestation Of the Volontee of God" (God Would Teach by the way of Prophet for US) have i right?

Yes that is correct. Bahais believe that God sends messengers to this earth, and through these messengers we learn.

God_Keep_Me_In_The_Way wrote:Baha'Ullah have Also Pray For God So he Can't Be God. it makes no sense.

??

That is incorrect. Bahais do *NOT* believe that Bahaullah was God.
:---) Whoever told you that (or the person who made the website where you read this information) is confused about the teachings of the Bahai faith. Always ask for where a quote in the bahai texts which says this. You should always see the information yourself and never rely on anyone else. (That is also one of the main principles of the Bahai faith: Independent investigation. As you know, in the Bahai Faith we do not have priests/rabbi's etc. The reason is because we must read ourselves and not be preached at. In olden days it was necessary to have a priest/mullah etc, because not everyone was literate so not everyone could read from their holy books. But today, almost everyone can read, so there is no need for clergy).

In all religious holy texts there are analogies. Maybe you were referring to this: In a couple of places, it says that Bahaullah can be like a "mirror" that points to a sun:
(So the mirror [Bahaullah] can REFLECT the qualities of the sun [God], but the mirror is not the sun).
So Bahai's do not believe that Bahaullah is God.

I hope this helps your understanding :)

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:48 pm

God_Keep_Me_In_The_Way wrote:yes ;) but it's when i go to an islamic forum ;) for me i ve always considered Baha'uLLah like a prophet but not a god as Strong Faith as him is. ;)

Allah-U-abah

It doesnt matter

I can make a website and say that Jesus owned a pizza parlour. Does that make it correct??!

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:43 pm

Here is your answer... Bahaullah wrote this himself:

"Certain ones among you have said: "He it is Who hath laid claim to be God." By God! This is a gross calumny. I am but a servant of God Who hath believed in Him and in His signs, and in His Prophets and in His angels. My tongue, and My heart, and My inner and My outer being testify that there is no God but Him, that all others have been created by His behest, and been fashioned through the operation of His Will."

(Baha'u'llah, The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, page 228)
http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/SLH/slh-13.html#pg228

Just remember to always find out information for yourself and ask someone to show you a piece of Bahai writings to support that what they are saying is correct.

iranpour

Re: IS BahaUllah venerated By baha'i?

Postby iranpour » Thu May 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Baha’is believe that the Divine Manifestations are the MOUTHPIECES OF GOD, that’s why what They claim seems to us as claiming DIVINITY. Being the Mouthpiece of God means God speaks with Their Tongues and those who hear them imagine that They declare divinity, took the MIRAGE as WATER and the IMAGE as GOD.

Shoghi Effendi the Guardian of the Baha’i Faith clarifies the subject and rectifies this human misunderstanding:

To whoever may read these pages a word of warning seems, however, advisable before I proceed further with the development of my argument. Let no one meditating, in the light of the afore-quoted passages, on the nature of the Revelation of Baha’u’llah, mistake its character or misconstrue the intent of its Author. THE DIVINITY ATTRIBUTED TO SO GREAT A BEING AND THE COMPLETE INCARNATION OF THE NAMES AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD IN SO EXALTED A PERSON SHOULD, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, BE MISCONCEIVED OR MISINTERPRETED. The human temple that has been made the vehicle of so overpowering a Revelation must, if we be faithful to the tenets of our Faith, ever remain entirely distinguished from that "innermost Spirit of Spirits" and "eternal Essence of Essences" -- that invisible yet rational God Who, however much we extol the divinity of His Manifestations on earth, can in no wise incarnate His infinite, His unknowable, His incorruptible and all-embracing Reality in the concrete and limited frame of a mortal being. Indeed, the God Who could so incarnate His own reality would, in the light of the teachings of Baha’u’llah, cease immediately to be God. So crude and fantastic a theory of Divine incarnation is as removed from, and incompatible with, the essentials of Baha’i belief as are the no less inadmissible pantheistic and anthropomorphic conceptions of God -- both of which the utterances of Baha’u’llah emphatically repudiate and the fallacy of which they expose.
(Shoghi Effendi, The World Order of Baha'u'llah, p. 112).

Return to “Discussion”