Forum problems? Can't login, or missing posts?

All research or scholarship questions
Jonah
Site Admin

Forum problems? Can't login, or missing posts?

Postby Jonah » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi all

Two people have told me they can't login, and one person said her posts from the previous forum are missing.

If this has happened to you to, please email me at "jonah(at)winterswebworks.com". If it's happened to enough people I can try re-installing the forum and importing an archived backup. If it's just two people, I won't worry about it.

If you simply can't login using your old username, try re-registering, using the same username. I think the cause was my pruning 10,000 spam accounts, and might have accidentally deleted a couple legit accounts.

Thanks, -Jonah

richard

Re: Forum problems? Can't login, or missing posts?

Postby richard » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi Jonah,

A short while back i tried to get to the old site and it had disappeared so i took a guess and found your new site, but was not able to sign in, so i registered as a new member and don't see my previous posts either.

In fact, if i am not mistaken it appears that a great number of posts are no longer here! ??? Yet, no reason to cry over lost posts, or spilled milk, because truth crushed to earth, or lost, will rise again.

All the best in dealing with any technical problems related to the transition of, and changes to, the site... richard

jimhabegger

Re: Forum problems? Can't login, or missing posts?

Postby jimhabegger » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:59 am

Jonah wrote:If it's happened to enough people I can try re-installing the forum and importing an archived backup. If it's just two people, I won't worry about it.

Jonah, could you restore the backup into a separate set of boards, or into an archive, or make it accessible to read some other way, without disturbing these boards? I see we still have the archived boards up to 2003. Here's 2003 for example:
http://bahai-library.com/wwwboard/index03.html

Jim

Return to “Discussion”