SHACKLES

All research or scholarship questions
richard

SHACKLES

Postby richard » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:46 am

SHACKLES

I can understand how some may feel, or be, shackled, physically, emotionally, mentally, theologically, politically, or legalistically, by other persons or groups; but not spiritually shackled.

Surely, the more we have faith in God, and know Him as our Heavenly Father--- the more we are aware of, accept, cooperate with, and follow His Spirit within each of us in our hearts, minds, and souls--- the more we cannot be spiritually shackled.

It seems clear that Baha'u'lah, Jesus, and many other great spiritual persons were never spiritually shackled, even when oppressed, abused, and even murdered by their ignorant, evil, and un-spiritual enemies.

Surely this spiritual truth is evident in the life and teachings of Baha'u'lah, Jesus, and other godly spiritual giants.

Surely the unity of all religions is spiritual (that is, rooted in the factual reality of God's Truth of Love and Goodness) not in things emotional, intellectual, theological, political, or legal

Indeed, Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: " To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthly crash? " Temporal(worldly) securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God.

Indeed, it was such a spiritual perspective that enabled Baha'u'lah, Jesus, and others to endure the un-spiritual indignities to which they were exposed; and, imho, it should be the spiritual faith objective of all persons of all religions, because the greatest truth and wisdom is found in love and goodness, and without love and goodness there can be no truth or wisdom in us or in our relationships with God and all others. And again, imho... richard

Fadl

Re: SHACKLES

Postby Fadl » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:45 am

Dear Richard,

This is a very beautiful post! You have reminded me of something 'Abdu'l-Bahá said while in London during an interview which he gave to the
Weekly Budget in 1923, and recorded in the book 'Abdu'l-Bahá in London. As you may know, 'Abdu'l-Bahá shared the exiles and much of the imprisonments as his blessed father. I am posting some of that here, because I think 'Abdu'l-Bahá's words greatly support the wise words you have just shared! Kudos to you for being on the same frequency as the Master...Its cool when that happens! 8-)

"Freedom is not a matter of place. It is a condition. I was thankful for the prison, and the lack of liberty was very pleasing to me, for those days were passed in the path of service, under the utmost difficulties and trials, bearing fruits and results. Unless one accepts dire vicissitudes, he will not attain. To me prison is freedom, troubles rest me, death is life, and to be despised is honour. Therefore, I was happy all that time in prison. When one is released from the prison of self, that is indeed release, for that is the greater prison. When this release takes place, then one cannot be outwardly imprisoned. When they put my feet in stocks, I would say to the guard, 'You cannot imprison me, for here I have light and air and bread and water. There will come a time when my body will be in the ground, and I shall have neither light nor air nor food nor water, but even then I shall not be imprisoned.' The afflictions which come to humanity sometimes tend to centre the consciousness upon the limitations, and this is a veritable prison. Release comes by making of the will a Door through which the confirmations of the Spirit come" ('Abdu'l-Bahá in London, 120).

richard

Re: SHACKLES

Postby richard » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:28 pm

Back with you, Loren,

Surely appreciate your upbeat, kind, and encouraging reply.

Also very much appreciate your quote from Abdu'l Baha'. His words reveal the great spiritual insights and resources available from the great spiritual wealth of the Bahai Faith teachings.

Thanks for your positive reply... God has surely blessed you, Loren.

Return to “Discussion”