Ghost town forum....

All research or scholarship questions

Which method of teaching opportunities do you find most comfortable?

Hosting devotional meetings?
No votes
Firesides?
20%
Ruhi book courses?
20%
Spontaneous one-on-one conversation?
60%

Total votes: 5

Highmountain

Ghost town forum....

Postby Highmountain » Sun May 04, 2008 7:34 pm

It's been awful quiet here lately,

Thought I'd throw out a poll in search of life signs.

HighMountain

richard

Re: Ghost town forum....

Postby richard » Thu May 08, 2008 11:14 am

Highmountain wrote:It's been awful quiet here lately,

Thought I'd throw out a poll in search of life signs.
HighMountain

Hello HM,

I think you may be right, but my interest and vote makes two replies and votes in 4 days for your Ghost Town Poll, so we are not completely "Ghosted."

Do you think we are we complacent, apathetic, or just few in numbers, or all three?

Have we, for some reason, lost our interest or ability to discuss, study, speak, and live in the context of God, Spiritual Goodness, Intelligent Wisdom, and Understanding Truth in our relationships with each other?

richard, sincerely wondering if the "cat's got our tongues, hearts, minds, and souls?" Or, are we all learning that real life is where we are in the world, more than what we say on the internet? And if so, should we trash our computers, or is there some good in a balance between our cyber exchanges and our non-cyber lives? still richard, and still wondering?

Highmountain

Postby Highmountain » Thu May 08, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi Richard,

Not completely "ghosted" out to be sure.

richard wrote:Do you think we are we complacent, apathetic, or just few in numbers, or all three?

Probably a small dose of the three, there are a ton of good threads on this forum that demand more in-depth answers than can be punched out in few keystrokes. Some topics may simply hold little to no interest for some. Probably it's just a wax and wane idea. Thank you (and to brettz9 as well) for taking the time to check out the poll. I've passed this forum on to other Baha'is in my community so perhaps they may throw some ideas aroud as well.

Cheers,

HighMountain

richard

Postby richard » Mon May 12, 2008 6:47 pm

Highmountain wrote:Hi Richard,

Not completely "ghosted" out to be sure.

richard wrote:Do you think we are we complacent, apathetic, or just few in numbers, or all three?

Probably a small dose of the three, there are a ton of good threads on this forum that demand more in-depth answers than can be punched out in few keystrokes. Some topics may simply hold little to no interest for some. Probably it's just a wax and wane idea. Thank you (and to brettz9 as well) for taking the time to check out the poll. I've passed this forum on to other Baha'is in my community so perhaps they may throw some ideas aroud as well.

Cheers,

HighMountain

Your probably right, HM, and now you seem to be the prophet of our little GT which seems to be getting even more quiet with even less input from what troops remain in the area... :sad: richard

BritishBahai

Postby BritishBahai » Sat May 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Highmountain wrote:Which method of teaching opportunities do you find most comfortable?

Hosting devotional meetings?
Firesides?
Ruhi book courses?
Spontaneous one-on-one conversation?
Going back to the original question, I chose "spontaneous one-on-one conversation".
I can directly answer any questions that they have and you can go into as much detail as they want you to (i.e. they can guide the discussion and you can just sit there and answer any questions/misconceptions they may have).

Giving presentations is okay, but its difficult sometimes because you dont know the level of knowledge of each person or how much they know. I find that during the speech people may come up with different questions, and its often difficult to address each one without losing the flow of your speech/presentation. At the same time you cant tell the person "wait, and I will answer your question in a few moments" because then this person is going to sit there and instead of him/her listening to what youre actually saying, he/she is repeating their question in their head (so you kinda lose their concentration).
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

Highmountain

Postby Highmountain » Sat May 17, 2008 6:40 pm

I too opt for the one-on-one conversation. I don't feel comfortable in "structured" situations outside of firesides, and if I don't feel comfortable, I find I can't express myself properly and fear missing anything important.

HM

richard

Postby richard » Sat May 17, 2008 10:52 pm

Highmountain wrote:I too opt for the one-on-one conversation. I don't feel comfortable in "structured" situations outside of firesides, and if I don't feel comfortable, I find I can't express myself properly and fear missing anything important.
HM

Well then, HM, It only seems fair that you can change your original vote to reflect your change of mind from "firesides" to "one-on-one converstations." richard :smile:

Highmountain

Postby Highmountain » Sun May 18, 2008 10:10 am

Highmountain wrote: I don't feel comfortable in "structured" situations outside of firesides, and if I don't feel comfortable, I find I can't express myself properly and fear missing anything important.
HM

Can I pick both then Richard?....(sneaks off to cast another vote!)

richard

Postby richard » Mon May 19, 2008 11:46 pm

Sure, why not, HM?

I think Firesides can often lead to One on One Conversations later on, so they are synergistic and not necessarily mutually exclusive! richard :smile:

Return to “Discussion”