I need serious help.

All research or scholarship questions
Masked

I need serious help.

Postby Masked » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:28 pm

I need some consoling. I have done few sins and my life is way too much troubled, personal, family, nothing is going well, I have started to lose faith in God and in the religion, what things can I do to get back? from beginning I wasn't a very reglious person, I hardly prayed but recently I've seen to see things get worst. I feel like there is no God and I should stop believing in him. :/ and I have a very active mind, and I am into science, I have many unanswered questions, fortunately this a arabic country and I can hardly find a book which answers my questions.

Its not that I am feeling guilty for my sins. But I wanna be forgiven and not lose faith in God and in the Bahai faith. If someone could show me some way.

sorry for my bad english, please use easy english if you would reply to this.

Re: I need serious help.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:00 am

Masked, the best I can say to you is: do prayers! Do the Ahmad Tablet, and trust in God.
good luck!
- JdE

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:52 pm

Masked

I don't know what you mean by things getting worse in your life. if you mean material things or your material progress is getting worse, then it's not something that can be corrected necessarily with prayer or belief in God. On the other hand belief if God and gaining its presence makes you joyful all the time and satisfied and strong and calm and kind and ....
Maybe the reason you are doubting God is that you expected to gain some material benefits from your prayers or your faith or God and when you didn't , you got frustrated and started to doubt Him. We know some of the best servants of the Faith were those who suffered most in this world and lost everything they had because of it.
So what I am saying is that if you want God and Faith to improve your material life, then you want them for the wrong reason.
In reality , religion and faith improves the material life, but not the way that the eyes of a material person sees improvement. But the way the eyes of God and spiritual people see it, which I think is the happinesso heart and spiritual joy and living in the right way, avoiding all the troubles that a material life can bring for you.
If it is the questions you have that has disappointed you, then please share them with us, and we can talk about them. .

farid

Postby farid » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:03 pm

the last post was by me, I did some cleaning in my computer which caused this happen.

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:50 am

Dear "Masked',

May I suggest the following...

1) Study the proofs of the existence of God. 'Abdu'l-Bahá says that we should know these proofs not merely through "susceptibilities" but through rational proofs. Some Answered Questions, Chapters 1 and 2 introduces this (though many other Writings complement and explain this further--I have referred to some here--see the "Further References" section of Chapters 1 and 2).. An important side-topic is to read what the Writings have to say about the suffering of innocents, as this is often the real reason why people question God's existence (if not because they understandably reject the existence of a kind of "God" some people ridiculously imagine).

2) There is no contradiction with true science and true religion. Anyone who says otherwise vastly underestimates the greatness of God. So do not hesitate to question religionists' understanding of true religion (including other Bahá'ís) and do not hesitate to question some scientists' confident assertions about religion. Go ahead and ask here, if you like, maybe people here can help...

3) The House of Justice has wonderfully summarized for us six basic prerequisites for spiritual growth. I think (and feel from my own experience) that when one neglects any of these areas, that one's spiritual life will truly suffer. These are summarized here. To the extent that I practice it, I also feel that (the sacrifice of) early morning prayer is particularly helpful to the seeker (as Bahá'u'lláh says in the Kitáb-i-Íqán).

As far as sins, Shoghi Effendi wrote that we all have a dark side, but that she should simply turn our back to it and face the light. God is very, very merciful...He always wants us to return to Him and be happy.

O ye who believe! seek help with patient perseverance and prayer; for God is with those who patiently persevere.

(Qur'án 2:153)

Brett

Masked

Postby Masked » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:58 am

I'll read those I hope It would help me.

farid/Guest: There is no one specific question, there are many. lol.

Anyways, thanks guys.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:41 am

Hi Masked ....

I sometimes feel that God doesn't like me and I do things that I know are wrong. Then I wonder if I can ever be forgiven ....

Then I remember that God's mercy if INFINITE. He is the Ever Forgiving

In fact, if someone falsely arises to proclaim he or she is the next Manifestation ... and then renounces that claim .... they will be forgiven!

How great then is the forgiveness of God!

I pray for you and all humanity every day ....

Your Friend .... Eric

Return to “Discussion”