Iraq war prophesised in Quran?

All research or scholarship questions
Omid Townsend

Iraq war prophesised in Quran?

Postby Omid Townsend » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:57 pm

For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.
Quran ( 9:11)

I found this on a website while doing a little research. I tried to find the original in Arabic but with no success. Note the notation.

I still could not find it anywhere...its a vague citation which I am doubting its authentically from the Quran.

Any thoughts?

Mystic Cloud

Re: Iraq war prophesised in Quran?

Postby Mystic Cloud » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:00 pm

Omid Townsend wrote:For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.
Quran ( 9:11)

I found this on a website while doing a little research. I tried to find the original in Arabic but with no success. Note the notation.

I still could not find it anywhere...its a vague citation which I am doubting its authentically from the Quran.

Any thoughts?

Interesting. WTC tower attacks were 9/11/2001. Madrid strike 3/11/2004 was *EXACTLY* 911 days after 9/11.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:11 pm

Greetings,

I have read the quotation attributed to Quran, and was so amazingly surprised that I decided to check it out. No! there are no verses stating anything close, and I believe that it is a fabrication. In fact I have deeply searched in the Arabic and English translation of Quran (Chap. 9 Vers. 11 as well Chap. 11 Vers. 9) and I have not found anything relating to eagles, arabic, land of Allah.

Return to “Discussion”