Just a reminder

All research or scholarship questions

Just a reminder

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:02 pm

Hey guys,
Am really worrie about the responces that are posted by some Bahais here. My impression is that, there are many people ever from before ,although have no idea about the Bahai Faith, however the are really in a desperate need of drinking from the fountains of true knowledge. And i think i have seen many of these people coming to this forum to learn about what this Beutiful faith could tell them. So please Please if we try to be Loving and Kid to these searching souls, we will make the best out of the discussions. I think the teachings of Bahaullan don't need any argumentation or defence. What i mean is they are as clear as the sun and the seekers are coming to this discussion to know more about the Faith. SO my dear brothers and Sisters i think by being defensive, we are scaring off many souls.
Am just saying all this coz i tried to look at the various topics and how the seekers decided to stop the discussion. At least let's try to make them know more rather than being defensive.
We really have to defend the Faith but when it comes to discussions of the faith we really need to be careful,
:arrow: Just a Bahai brother's reminder. and i hope we will next time responde with at most love from the heart
Thank you very much

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:43 pm

I agree and I'm thinking that maybe the moderator should be a bit more strict and delete posts that seem argumentative or are trying to undermine things. The moderator is also letting stuff like profanity slip by and that certainly does not look good when you consider the pure seekers that are investigating the faith.

Jonah
Site Admin

Postby Jonah » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:53 pm

Moderator here. I always delete profanity -- Bahai Warrior just alerted me to what I'd missed in post http://bahai-library.com/forum2/viewtop ... =2502#2502 . I also delete anything that transgresses the fairly clearly-defined scope of "covenant-breaking." Finally, I delete fraudulent posts: not just spam, but also someone submitting a post under their username, and then following it up with an anonymous "me too" post. (The moderator can see the IP each post was submitted from.)

But other than that, I prefer to give free rein. (Or is it "free reign"? They both make sense.)

When in doubt, I post a query -- "should I delete or lock this thread?" -- and go with the majority response.

-Jonah

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:12 pm

free reign is the more common usage. "free rein" might make sense, but it's kind of like spelling feces "faeces," especially with the dipthong

Return to “Discussion”