Kalimat Press ?

All research or scholarship questions
jenniferatemple

Re: Kalimat Press

Postby jenniferatemple » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:57 pm

OK, I've got the general line now. Baha'is are free to read any bloody thing they like. To publish as a Baha'i, one must not, in any way, shape or form, bash the institutions because that would be, in effect, bashing the covenant Baha'is are sworn to uphold. The "Last Will and Testament" of the central figures are not negotiable! If one disagrees with those very basic and sacred texts then they are not Baha'is. They are entitled to their opinions and publications. There is absolutely no reason why the institutions would or should condone anything that does not honor those basic principals. Kalimat had a rare privilege of being afforded similar respect to that of the publishing trusts! If they choose to publish things that question the fundamentals of the Faith, they can not expect the institutions to distribute for or recommend them. Such works should be published by others, if indeed they do have any real merit. It is better to be in unity than to be right! I know a few non-Baha'i philosophers who agree with and fully understand that very important concept. Too often Scholarship is about "me being right" (the ego problem), and for me personally, it is not about me. it's about anyone else but me, everyone else but me. At the risk of being taken to task here, I am afraid I do agree with the UHJ. I will still continue to shop with Kalimat! I just understand the logic of the institutions now.

Sen McGlinn

Re: Kalimat Press ?

Postby Sen McGlinn » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:26 am

While shopping at Kalimat, keep an eye out for "things that question the fundamentals of the Faith." I would be surprised if you were to find anything.

LeesaJohnson

Postby LeesaJohnson » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:03 am

Yes, I have also heard the same about Kalimat Press.

English tutor

Chad

Postby Chad » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:31 pm

When I heard this rumor, and thanks for posting the letter from the Universal House of Justice, the Secretariat of the US noted to me that this had to do with Baha'is now being able to publish books about the Baha'i Faith without needing the National Baha'i Center to approve of them.

Return to “Discussion”