Buddhist or Bahai?

All research or scholarship questions
SpiritualSeeker

Buddhist or Bahai?

Postby SpiritualSeeker » Thu May 07, 2009 10:33 am

Hello all,

I have been contemplating lately and reading through buddhist and bahai books. I find that the Bahai Faith is very interesting and seems like it has a lot to offer mankind as a whole. However, the same can be said for Buddhism. It seems in buddhism I can find the same or just about the same concepts in the Bahai Faith. So why is needed for me to become a Bahai if I can live in a compassionate and harmonious way as a Buddhist?
Live your daily life in a way that you never lose yourself. When you are carried away with your worries, fears, cravings, anger, and desire, you run away from yourself and you lose yourself. The practice is always to go back to oneself.Thich Nhat Hanh

Highmountain

Re: Buddhist or Bahai?

Postby Highmountain » Thu May 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi Seeker,

Congratulations on whatever choice you go with. I believe very much in Progressive Revelation, each previous dispensation has similar things to offer. This makes sense to me as it all comes from the same source (God). As mankind progresses, we are "updated", so to speak, with new laws, teachings etc..All of this I'm sure you're aware of from your research as well as what the Writings state about Buddhism.

The Baha'i Faith is, in my eyes, the latest divine revelation from God and I feel a certain comfort being connected to that revelation. It fulfills all that I am seeking, and it's not without some struggle at times to adhere to those ordinances, but I try.
I'm sure whatever your choice, it will come clear to you in time whether it was the right or wrong one. The fact that you are making an earnest effort to seek is admirable in and of itself, I wish you all the best.

Peace,

HM

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Thu May 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Have you read the Kitab-i-Iqan yet?

SpiritualSeeker

Postby SpiritualSeeker » Thu May 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Highmountain wrote:Hi Seeker,

Congratulations on whatever choice you go with. I believe very much in Progressive Revelation, each previous dispensation has similar things to offer. This makes sense to me as it all comes from the same source (God). As mankind progresses, we are "updated", so to speak, with new laws, teachings etc..All of this I'm sure you're aware of from your research as well as what the Writings state about Buddhism.

The Baha'i Faith is, in my eyes, the latest divine revelation from God and I feel a certain comfort being connected to that revelation. It fulfills all that I am seeking, and it's not without some struggle at times to adhere to those ordinances, but I try.
I'm sure whatever your choice, it will come clear to you in time whether it was the right or wrong one. The fact that you are making an earnest effort to seek is admirable in and of itself, I wish you all the best.

Peace,

HM

Hello High mountain thank you for that. I will keep searching to see if perhaps the Bahai Faith brings something even greater than what the Buddha came with. I will continue or perhaps start to have even a more open mind and have no concepts. I have even tried giving up a concept of a Deity and try to begin a new in my research :)

Have you read the Kitab-i-Iqan yet?

Yes I am currently reading it. I have read much of Baha'ullah and the new era. I read Dr. Motlagh's work called (The Bahai Faith-God's greatest gift), I read One God Many Faiths One Garden Many Flowers by the same Author. I have read much of "Baha'ullah the one promised in all scriptures" by Dr. Motlagh. And currently going over "Death the Door to Heaven" by Dr. Motlagh. Soon I will get mailed "Glory of the Father" and a DVD concerning "Glimpse into the afterlife" about a Bahai's near death experience in which she met a being who gave her clues to finding the truth (Aka the Bahai Faith).

So thats what I am working on so far :)
Live your daily life in a way that you never lose yourself. When you are carried away with your worries, fears, cravings, anger, and desire, you run away from yourself and you lose yourself. The practice is always to go back to oneself.Thich Nhat Hanh

BruceDLimber

Postby BruceDLimber » Fri May 08, 2009 8:03 am

Hi, Seeker! :-)

Briefly, the difference is that the Baha'i Faith has the social teachings for this Age, not for some other millenia ago!

So while both it and Buddhism teach the same spiritual truths, we see the practical, day-to-day stuff in the Baha'i Faith as maximally relevant!

Best regards, I commend you on the ambitious research you've been doing, and I wish you good hunting! :-)

Bruce

Return to “Discussion”