Additional places only a 9-day pilgrim can visit

All research or scholarship questions
BritishBahai

Additional places only a 9-day pilgrim can visit

Postby BritishBahai » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Hello gang ;)

Im off for my first ever 9 day visit in a couple of weeks time.
I want to read as much as possible about the places i'll be visiting, so that I can fullly appreciate where I am, etc etc.

I'm under the impression that these are the only places where a 9-day pilgrim can go to (rather than a 3-day pilgrim)

Inside the:
  • house of Abbud (Akka)
  • mansion of Mazraih
  • mansion of Bahji
  • Abdulbaha's house (near Ruhiyyih Khanum's grave)
  • house of Abdullah Pasha

Have I missed anything?

p.s., ive started reading Door of Hope by David Ruhe and doubt I will finish it in time...
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

BruceDLimber

Re: Additional places only a 9-day pilgrim can visit

Postby BruceDLimber » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Greetings! :-)

Most obviously, you missed the Most Great Prison itself, with the part that Baha'u'llah occupied.

Also, you missed the Ridvan garden.

Please note that by it is a house that Baha'u'llah and 'Abdu'l-Baha occasionally occupied briefly.

And at Mazra'ih, note that there used to be an aqueduct running right by the back of the house; you can still see the channel where it passed by.

At the World Center, the monument gardens are down near the center of the Arc.

The house in front of Ruhiyyih Khanum's grave used to be the western pilgrim house.

There's a large oval walkway around Bahji. Just outside its northwestern quadrant (the same quarter as the Shrine of Baha'u'llah) is a large tree (there used to be two, but one died several years ago) where Baha'u'llah used to go to picnic. My wife and I had our lunches there while we were visiting. Don't forget about the souvenir rubber stamp in the visitor center at Bahji that you can put into prayer books and other books while you're there.

Don't forget to read the last few pages of Epistle to the Son of the Wolf about the benefits of special activities while in Akka!

Enjoy your pilgrimage! :-)

Return to “Discussion”