Various questions from a seeker

All research or scholarship questions
Jonah
Site Admin

Various questions from a seeker

Postby Jonah » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Anyone want to tackle these?

Dear all

I am student and want to learn basic philosophy of Bahai faith. I read some book 'The new Garden' and 'Naya Pravat' in Nepali. But I did not find the exact meaning of following questions. Thus could some one help me to understand following issues.

Who am I?, What is birth?, What is death?, What is life ?, What is creation (Shristi)?, Who is creator (Shrastha)?, What is Cosmos (Jagat)?, What is the source of knowledge?, What is the process of knowledge gaining?, What are values/belief?

Thank you

Sen McGlinn

Re: Various questions from a seeker

Postby Sen McGlinn » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:49 pm

On the question "what is the process of knowledge gaining" - I recommend the seven valleys and the four valleys. To jump into the middle, go to:

http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/SVFV/svfv-9.html

Fadl

Postby Fadl » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Wow, not a lot of takers on this! It is a lot of work to answer these questions all together, as each topic is worthy of a deep and lengthy discussion. The Seven Valleys is a good call, and I would also recommend the Arabic and Persian Hidden words to find the answer to many of these, which are primarily mystical, at least from the Baha'i point of view. Some of the questions, like 'what is the universe' are not defined other than in mystical and spiritual terms, and of course we don't have any form of cosmology in the faith to speak of. Sorry for the late and lame response!
"Thus doth the Nightingale utter His call unto you from this prison. He hath but to deliver this clear message. Whosoever desireth, let him turn aside from this counsel and whosoever desireth let him choose the path to his Lord." - Baha'u'llah

BruceDLimber

Postby BruceDLimber » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:47 am

I ordinarily reply to newcomers' questions, Jonah, but these were sufficiently unusual that I saw no real way of responding to them with anything constructive. . . .

Bruce

Jonah
Site Admin

Postby Jonah » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:06 am

I agree, and I didn't respond at first either. But then the seeker emailed me again, so I posted the questions here.

-J

Fadl

Postby Fadl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Jonah,

There is a recorded dialogue about the Baghvad Gita and the Baha'i Faith that may be of some interest to your person: www.archive.org/details/SrimadBhagawatG ... Discussion
"Thus doth the Nightingale utter His call unto you from this prison. He hath but to deliver this clear message. Whosoever desireth, let him turn aside from this counsel and whosoever desireth let him choose the path to his Lord." - Baha'u'llah

Return to “Discussion”