pilgrimage Reading/Preperation

All research or scholarship questions
Truth

pilgrimage Reading/Preperation

Postby Truth » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Hello all! It's been a while. Studying and working really chews up my time unfortunately.

Thankfully, I'm getting a break from it all in November, as I'm going on pilgrimage! Hoorah!

I'd like to know what's some good reading material to prepare? (or anything else that may come in handy, preparation-wise)
No need to ask in whose presence I stood, as I bowed myself before one who is the object of a devotion and love which kings might envy and emperors sigh for in vain!

brettz9

Re: pilgrimage Reading/Preperation

Postby brettz9 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:51 am

Contact your National Spiritual Assembly. At least in the U.S., there was a nice packet of suggested books. Some of them I believe included "A Door of Hope", "Shoghi Effendi" by Ugo Giachery, "Dawn-Breakers", and I can't remember...

BruceDLimber

Postby BruceDLimber » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:33 am

Two things you may want to bear in mind:

If you go to the very bottom of the terraces (the main entrance) and turn right, the Templar home with "Der Herr ist Nahe" ("The Lord is Near") carved on the lintel is half a block to the right as you face toward the street.

And there's a trail (a rather twisting one) extending from Panorama Road at the top down to the entrance to the old Pilgrim House and the Shrine of the Bab. If you ask for a map from those at the new Pilgrim House, you can find this trail easily should you like to walk down to the Shrine in the evening.

I wish you all the best; do enjoy your pilgrimage! :-)

Bruce

pilgrimbrent

Postby pilgrimbrent » Thu May 31, 2012 10:19 pm

The book Zikrullah Khadem is excellent preparation for Pilgrimage.
http://www.bahaibookstore.com/productde ... fm?PC=5736
Mr Khadem wrote essays about Pilgrimage and the Shrines that are in the back of that book. Excellent.
Brent

Return to “Discussion”