He cannot receive newsletters and other bulletins

All research or scholarship questions
Prometheus

He cannot receive newsletters and other bulletins

Postby Prometheus » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:07 am

How to correctly understand limitation:
«He cannot receive newsletters and other bulletins whose circulation is restricted to Bahá'ís.»

What this mean?
1. Letters from Assemblies?
2. News from friends?
3. News through Facebook?

Please help to understand this limitation. If you have any answers from Universal House of Justice - it'll be cool!

Thank you.

MontanaDon

Re: He cannot receive newsletters and other bulletins

Postby MontanaDon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:09 pm

I suggest you dl Guidelines for Spiritual Assemblies.
A Baha'i who has lost their administrative rights can not participate in any Baha'i administrative activity. That includes rcvg information regarding such activity that is not distributed to the general public.
The vast amount of news is not restricted to "Baha'is Only".
A Baha'i w/o administrative rights should not be a member of an on-line forum listed as "Baha'is Only" or "Restricted to Baha'is in good standing"
Recently the House of Justice has said that while such individuals may participate in Core Activities, they are not allowed to participate in Cluster Meetings, or as previously stated by Shoghi Effendi, used as a teacher or speaker.

Don C
----------
Understood properly, all man's problems are essentially spiritual in nature.

Prometheus

Postby Prometheus » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:47 pm

In described situation - only few restrictions applied:
— be elected and elect;
— participate on 19 Day Feast and reflection meetings;
— receive newsletters.

My question is - if this baha'i receive news through his friends or facebook - is it correct? Or what should do Assembly to fulfil this restriction? Or just delete his email from community maillist?

MontanaDon

Postby MontanaDon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:04 am

You're making this a legal issue. It isn't. The question is not obedience to the letter of the law, but exemplifying the principle.
A Baha'i w/o administrative rights is forbidden from being involved in any administrative activity. That means they can not have a Baha'i marriage because that is an administrative activity. He can have a Baha'i funeral because that is not an administrative activity.
I can remember when some Baha'is were fanatic over this issue. They would hide the Baha'i News or American Baha'i from non-Baha'is. This has never been necessary. The practice is simple - non-Baha'is or Baha'is w/o administrative rights should not be routinely made aware of administrative activities and decisions. If they happen to become aware of them, it's no big deal.

Don C
----------
Understood properly, all man's problems are essentially spiritual in nature.

Prometheus

Postby Prometheus » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:49 am

I'm also thinking same way... But is there any authoritative answers?

Return to “Discussion”