Bahai faith houses of worship (case of the first house)

All research or scholarship questions
moyo

Bahai faith houses of worship (case of the first house)

Postby moyo » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:45 am

Although I`m a french native language, I will try to write in engliish.
I`m opening this topic to talk about the first bahai temple built in Turkmenistan (Russia). The informations I have are that after it has been built and used for many years the Communist governement of Russia expropriate it. Then an earthquake damaged it seriously and it had been completely destroyed by the governement.

Those are the few informations I got. From them I think we can understand mysteries behind. The cause of God will never be in hands of people who are "stranger". I think this faith is protected by God. At the time the people want to attack it, something happens that correct things on the will of God. This time it was a small earthquake.

I also make a comparison with the 2 last earthquakes that shook Iran. The first did many deaths. I think almost 20.000 people probably more I`m not sure. I have been told that no bahai was involved in the deaths. I`m not sure it`s true. But I think it`s a sign.

Can someone tell me more about all those events ? I would be very happy.

Thank you for you are attention.

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:28 pm

There is a publicly editable page which includes information on the first Baha'i House of Worship here

A Google search here at Baha'i Library for Ishqábád turned up a number of results (see here )

take care,
Brett

hihellowhatsup

Postby hihellowhatsup » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:36 pm

I really want to know if anyone is thinking of rebuilding the Mashriqul Adhkar in Ishqabad (now Ashgabat, by the way). I mean, its been 13 years since the Communists left Russia, and the area isn't even Russia anymore; it's now the capital of the nation of Turkmenistan. Does funding for such a project have to be from the UHJ, or can it be from independant Baha'i sources? Are there plans for new ones? I have seen the design for one in Santiago, Chile. Also, I saw one for Teheran, Iran, but that will be after the government lets us :( :( :( . I also herd of an actual temple in Haifa, but no designs. Anyone with info, thnx :D

Ciao

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:51 pm

There is an obelisk at the Bahá'í World Centre currently marking the location for the future Mashqiru'l-Adhkár there. Perhaps someone else can answer your other questions.

Brett

Return to “Discussion”