writing to LSAs for fund drives

All research or scholarship questions
onepence

writing to LSAs for fund drives

Postby onepence » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:45 pm

Dear Friends,

I have often wanted to write to various LSAs
about various topics.

I am thinking that I would like to write to only the LSAs in the southern region and begin a penny drive to raise funds to help in the construction of the Mother Temple in South America.

Has anybody ever done something similiar to this before?

Do I need national {NSA} approval ?

Should i first consult my local LSA ?

any thoughts?

any suggestions?

yea? nay?

oneness
the apostle dean

Tahirih99

Communication

Postby Tahirih99 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:28 pm

IMHO
we could directly contact any institutions around the world, as long as:
1. the communication would not do anybody any harm
2. we represent ourself as an individual, not on behalf of anyone else, in the communication

If we feel that our communication could be sensitive and may offend some individuals or institutions, then we should ask for advise from our LSA, NSA, before we act, for their wisdom, guidance and support.

Sometime it is just a simple thing, as to let the LSA know our intention. If it is agreeable, ask them to pray to support our individual effort. The result of your individual communication could be better, as more blessing has been draw down through this spiritual supporting act.
Tahirih99

jdesson

Postby jdesson » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:22 am

Individual Bahá’ís, if I recall correctly from the Universal House of Justice, have a right to be heard by Local and National Spiritual Assemblies, but this statement does not include the Universal House of Justice, though individual Bahá’ís have the option of appealing to The Universal House of Justice.
Regarding fund raising for Bahá’í events or activities or anything Bahá’í, only Bahá’ís may contribute to a Bahá’í fund and I would presume this would include fund raising unless there is the sale of a service or product in exchange for money. In addition, I would expect, as it is in Canada, that all Bahá’í fund raising must be approved by a Bahá’í institution like a local Spiritual Assembly for a local event. Since you seem to be thinking of a regional USA Bahá’í fund raising activity, you should probably seek approval from a regional Bahá’í institution or your National Spiritual Assembly. This approval is probably to ensure that the proper procedures, both Bahá’í and legal, are followed, good judgement is applied and the Bahá’ís themselves are protected from poor judgement or unscrupulous people.
Jim Desson

onepence

Re: Communication

Postby onepence » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:45 am

Tahirih99 wrote: ... Sometime it is just a simple thing, as to let the LSA know our intention. If it is agreeable, ask them to pray to support our individual effort. The result of your individual communication could be better, as more blessing has been draw down through this spiritual supporting act.

Hi Tahirih99,

Thank you for your response.

I know I feel like I owe you a response from another thread, but alas it appears i may never get back to it, so please forgive me if perchance you might have thought me rude or thought poorly of me for not having good manners, and alas ... "only mystic hearts know" ... and i greatly fear that when writing to you i may ramble on {*smile*} incoherently {*smile*} so, for me, i think it is best if i try by best to stay "on topic" and try not to get too intoxicated with the "choice wine" that is found within your presence .... {and yes i visited your website ... beautiful ... aroma thearpy is it? ... God knows i need something to help me get out of certain funky bad smelling states i get myself into *sad smile*}

See I do ramble on though don't I?

I do see your point about letting the LSA know of my intention so that more blessings can be drawn down through this spiritual supportative act.

I do not know if I will ever get around to writing the LSAa
but it is something i dream about
and thank you for your encouragement
in helping me find the good path.

oneness
the apostle dean

onepence

Postby onepence » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:18 am

jdesson wrote: ...
Regarding fund raising for Bahá’í events ...

Hi jdesson,

Thank you for your response.
It is much appreciated and thought provoking.
{more than a mere code of Laws ... eh/?!*smile*}

My basic fund raising thought is this.

I would write the LSAs and provide a postage prepaid box

{here in America you can ship a box that a person buys at the United States Post Office that is of a uniform design and can ship any weight that can fit inside said box for about $8.95}

and ask the LSA{s} to display the box
{and read a small note about its purpose ... collect pennies ...}
and after two feasts

LSA{s} would mail the box to National ... and let National send funds to SA

just some basic thoughts i am having

i think i could fund upwards of nine {more?}
penny boxes ... {9 x $8.95} = $80.55

///////////
/////
////

if i do something like that
i just don't want to seem like i am grand standing

perhaps ... i can keep my name off the project ...
perhaps my LSA may accept my funds to do said project ...
and ... perhaps ... LSA could write LSA{s}

yeah ... i like that ... we shall see

a person of oneness,
Dean Hedges

Tahirih99

Postby Tahirih99 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:25 pm

Dear Dean,

I enjoy reading your posts, as you are able to put emotions into them.
Pls be assured that I do not think or bad about you, ever. :) I thought that you forgetful :( (sorry..), and already forgot that thread.

Thank you for visiting my website. That is a new business for me, so your advice are appreciated.

Please feel free to come back to your interest to do business in Vietnam, whenever you are in the mood.

Best,
Tahirih
Tahirih99

Return to “Discussion”