Freenet

News, suggestions, corrections
Jonah
Site Admin

Freenet

Postby Jonah » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Anyone know of Baha'is working on Freenet content or projects? It's the next digital frontier to establish a Baha'i presence in (along with re-establishing the torrent, as that network still lacks Baha'i content). https://freenetproject.org

Be warned before poking around Freenet -- it's a hive of scum and villainy. Don't go showing it to your kids. But that goes for any file-sharing network, especially one aiming for full decentralization. And the more users, the greater the signal-to-noise ratio.

brettz9

Re: Freenet

Postby brettz9 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:10 pm

"A mechanism of world inter-communication will be devised, embracing the whole planet, freed from national hindrances and restrictions, and functioning with marvellous swiftness and perfect regularity."

(Shoghi Effendi, World Order of Baha'u'llah, 203)

Jonah
Site Admin

Postby Jonah » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:05 pm

And it's up: http://bahai-library.com/freenet .

Publishing to freenet is a very slow process, so its content is much more limited. For now I only posted the authorized Sacred Writings, from the old BWC fileserver collection.

Knowing that there are countries in which people can't read about the Faith online, and keeping in mind I can only post a small amount of material at a time, what do you think the next collection to be posted should be: Published Articles? Provisional Translations?

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:41 pm

+1 for Books (for sake of Dawn-Breakers, etc.) or for documents and letters from the House.

Return to “About Baha'i Library”