Jamshed Maani?

All research or scholarship questions
Ahsan_al_Hadees
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:46 am
Contact:

Jamshed Maani?

Postby Ahsan_al_Hadees » Sun May 25, 2008 7:22 am

Dear Bahai Friends,

I have come to know about Jamshed Maani who was a dynamic Bahai Missionary to Indonesia and later claimed to be another menifestation of God. His religion is AL-INSAAN.

Is there any Bahai member here having knowledge about this person? Plz share.

Regards,
Ahsan

BritishBahai
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:21 pm
Location: UK

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby BritishBahai » Sun May 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Never heard of that person or religion in my life.
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

Ahsan_al_Hadees
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:46 am
Contact:

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby Ahsan_al_Hadees » Sun May 25, 2008 2:38 pm

plz check the 3rd Last Paragraph here

http://bahaifaction.sosblog.com/The-fir ... 007005.htm

brettz9
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby brettz9 » Mon May 26, 2008 4:06 am


Ahsan_al_Hadees
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:46 am
Contact:

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby Ahsan_al_Hadees » Tue May 27, 2008 12:36 am

Hi,

Actually this person's organization has published small booklets in Urdu Language and I saw them in the library of my one Ahmadi Intellectual. I was also told that this person converted more than 10,000 Indonesians to Bahai Faith before he claimed to be the next Manifestation of God.

Regards,
Ahsan

Keyvan
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:58 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby Keyvan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:15 pm

Ahsan_al_Hadees wrote:plz check the 3rd Last Paragraph here

http://bahaifaction.sosblog.com/The-fir ... 007005.htm



What this fails to mention is that ALL of those splinter organizations have DIED or are DIEING. No one has every made a significant sect of the Baha'i Faith that has not fallen apart over time. Even the largest of these groups have critically dwindling numbers and will probably not last another generation.

BritishBahai
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:21 pm
Location: UK

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby BritishBahai » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:03 am

Keyvan wrote:
Ahsan_al_Hadees wrote:plz check the 3rd Last Paragraph here

http://bahaifaction.sosblog.com/The-fir ... 007005.htm

What this fails to mention is that ALL of those splinter organizations have DIED or are DIEING.
No one has every made a significant sect of the Baha'i Faith that has not fallen apart over time. Even the largest of these groups have critically dwindling numbers and will probably not last another generation.
Spot on!.

____________________________________________________________________________

Also, this is the last paragraph on that webpage

It looks like the Baha'i denominations will succeed in mounting a significant challenge to the mainstream Haifa-based Baha'i Faith.
On the other hand main stream Haifa Based Baha’is are putting more pressure on their UHJ to clarify the concept of Guardianship, rather than asking them to shun the Covenant Breakers. The recent court case done by the Haifa Based Baha’is on their two other denominations has further internationalize the issue of Guardianship. It looks like the balance is tilting more towards Guardianists. If current trends of infightining continue, it is possible that Baha'ism will suffer from more divisions. It has to be seen.
Personally, I find that difficult to believe, considering they (themselves) cant even agree amongst themselves.
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

Susan
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby Susan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:34 pm

Ahsan_al_Hadees wrote:Dear Bahai Friends,

I have come to know about Jamshed Maani who was a dynamic Bahai Missionary to Indonesia and later claimed to be another menifestation of God. His religion is AL-INSAAN.

Is there any Bahai member here having knowledge about this person? Plz share.

Regards,
Ahsan


Yeah, he died in a mental institution in Teheran years ago. His so-called "religion" died with him. John Carre was a follower after awhile, then realized he was a fake. Carre couldn't let go of his delusion that a Manifestation will appear any day now, however.

Susan
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby Susan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:41 pm

Ahsan_al_Hadees wrote:Hi,

Actually this person's organization has published small booklets in Urdu Language and I saw them in the library of my one Ahmadi Intellectual. I was also told that this person converted more than 10,000 Indonesians to Bahai Faith before he claimed to be the next Manifestation of God.

Regards,
Ahsan


I don't doubt that he was once a very effective teacher. I understand he had a bi-polar disorder and such people can be very charismatic. I know his brother was an effective teacher in New Zealand and was eventually martyred by deranged Maori upset with his success. However, once Jamshed Ma'ani tried to start his own religion, I don't think he had the same success. He only had a handful of followers that I know of.

Incidentally, I noticed you were an Ahmadi. I once wrote a graduate paper comparing Baha'is to the Ahmadis. Have you read Baha'u'llah's own Writings? The reason I ask is that I saw no comparison between them and the writings of Ghulam Ahmad.

Keyvan
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:58 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby Keyvan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:14 pm

Susan wrote:
Ahsan_al_Hadees wrote:Dear Bahai Friends,

I have come to know about Jamshed Maani who was a dynamic Bahai Missionary to Indonesia and later claimed to be another menifestation of God. His religion is AL-INSAAN.

Is there any Bahai member here having knowledge about this person? Plz share.

Regards,
Ahsan


Yeah, he died in a mental institution in Teheran years ago. His so-called "religion" died with him. John Carre was a follower after awhile, then realized he was a fake. Carre couldn't let go of his delusion that a Manifestation will appear any day now, however.



How do you know this?

Thats sad actually that he'd be put into a mental institution and die there. If thats true, then I'd assume the Islamic Republic did that as a heresy sentencing but he wasn't a danger to himself or others. I mean the guy needed help, but not like that and NOT by them.

Ahsan_al_Hadees
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:46 am
Contact:

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby Ahsan_al_Hadees » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:38 pm

Dear Susan,

You wrote:

Incidentally, I noticed you were an Ahmadi. I once wrote a graduate paper comparing Baha'is to the Ahmadis. Have you read Baha'u'llah's own Writings? The reason I ask is that I saw no comparison between them and the writings of Ghulam Ahmad.


Yes I am an Ahmadi Muslim. I have read the writings of both Bahaullah and Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian ( Peace and Blessings of Allah be on Him ).

Can you send me your graduate paper?

As for no comparison between the writings of Bahaullah and Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian ( PBUH ) obviously I disagree.

Regards,
Ahsan

BritishBahai
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:21 pm
Location: UK

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby BritishBahai » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:36 pm

Ahsan_al_Hadees wrote:Dear Susan,

You wrote:

Incidentally, I noticed you were an Ahmadi. I once wrote a graduate paper comparing Baha'is to the Ahmadis. Have you read Baha'u'llah's own Writings? The reason I ask is that I saw no comparison between them and the writings of Ghulam Ahmad.


Yes I am an Ahmadi Muslim. I have read the writings of both Bahaullah and Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian ( Peace and Blessings of Allah be on Him ).

Can you send me your graduate paper?

As for no comparison between the writings of Bahaullah and Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian ( PBUH ) obviously I disagree.


Regards,
Ahsan

(I think she means she didnt see a difference between the writings of the Ahmadis and the writings of Ghulam Ahmad)
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

AdibM
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:27 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby AdibM » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Keyvan wrote:
Susan wrote:
Ahsan_al_Hadees wrote:Dear Bahai Friends,

I have come to know about Jamshed Maani who was a dynamic Bahai Missionary to Indonesia and later claimed to be another menifestation of God. His religion is AL-INSAAN.

Is there any Bahai member here having knowledge about this person? Plz share.

Regards,
Ahsan


Yeah, he died in a mental institution in Teheran years ago. His so-called "religion" died with him. John Carre was a follower after awhile, then realized he was a fake. Carre couldn't let go of his delusion that a Manifestation will appear any day now, however.



How do you know this?

Thats sad actually that he'd be put into a mental institution and die there. If thats true, then I'd assume the Islamic Republic did that as a heresy sentencing but he wasn't a danger to himself or others. I mean the guy needed help, but not like that and NOT by them.


Actually according to a statement by the House, Ma'ani did begin to show signs of mental illness:

http://bahai-library.org/uhj/c-breakers.and.remey.html

Scroll down to "The Role of John Carre".
"To be a Bahá'í simply means to love all the world; to love humanity and try to serve it; to work for universal peace and universal brotherhood." -- `Abdu'l-Bahá

Keyvan
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:58 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby Keyvan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:20 pm

you know i always find it interesting how all of these splinter groups have been so fanatical about the "catastrophic events" that Shoghi Effendi referred to, whereas actual Baha'i's do not. i mean i can understand how in desperation for attention they NEED to do it to turn peoples heads, but don't they as individuals get discouraged by it? don't they see themselves as looking like fanatics? meh :-k

AdibM
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:27 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby AdibM » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:33 pm

Keyvan wrote:you know i always find it interesting how all of these splinter groups have been so fanatical about the "catastrophic events" that Shoghi Effendi referred to, whereas actual Baha'i's do not. i mean i can understand how in desperation for attention they NEED to do it to turn peoples heads, but don't they as individuals get discouraged by it? don't they see themselves as looking like fanatics? meh :-k


Yes, they are very much into catastrophe from what I've seen. The credibility of Neal Chase, leader of the Baha'is Under the Provision of the Covenant, lies on his "Saddam execution prophecies" among other loose and vague predictions, many of which I believe never came true.
"To be a Bahá'í simply means to love all the world; to love humanity and try to serve it; to work for universal peace and universal brotherhood." -- `Abdu'l-Bahá

Keyvan
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:58 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby Keyvan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:40 pm

yeah once that guy or one of their previous leaders said that half the population would be whiped out in a nuclear war that would occur in 1980.

this hurt even OUR image because the public started thinking "ohh a Baha'i says nuclear war is coming"

now of course it didn't happen, and im sure he lost a lot of support after that, but the followers are still there due to, what else, cognitive dissonance

AdibM
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:27 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby AdibM » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:59 pm

Yeah I remember that as well. Apparently some small town newspaper says we're among the religions who predict worldwide destruction:

http://www.stpns.net/view_article.html? ... 6853710485
"To be a Bahá'í simply means to love all the world; to love humanity and try to serve it; to work for universal peace and universal brotherhood." -- `Abdu'l-Bahá

Susan
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Jamshed Maani?

Postby Susan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Thats sad actually that he'd be put into a mental institution and die there. If thats true, then I'd assume the Islamic Republic did that as a heresy sentencing but he wasn't a danger to himself or others. I mean the guy needed help, but not like that and NOT by them.


I'm pretty sure this happened before the Revolution. I think bi-polar disorder ran in the family.


Return to “Discussion”