A Most Noble Pattern:
edited by Todd Lawson and Omid Ghaemmaghami.
click for larger cover
Readings from the Writings of The Báb
read by Muhammad Afnan
1. A General Introduction to the Qayyúm al-Asmá’
Muhammad Afnan (translated by Omid Ghaemmaghami)
2. The Commentary on the Sura of Joseph
3. Khutbat al‑iftikhár
Introduced and translated by Khazeh Fananapazir
4. Colours in the Writings of the Báb
Vahid Rafati (translated by Omid Ghaemmaghami)
5. A Grammar of the Divine: Solecisms in the Arabic Writings of the Báb and His Thoughts on Arabic Grammar
William F. McCants
6. Secrets Concealed by Secrets: Taqiyya as Arcanization in the Autobibliographies of the Báb
J. Vahid Brown
7. The Súrat adh-Dhikr of the Qayyúm al-Asmá’ (chapter 108): A Provisional Translation and Commentary
8. The Súrat al-‘Abd of the Qayyúm al-Asmá’ (Chapter 109): A Provisional Translation and Commentary
9. The Khutba al-Jidda (The Literary Sermon at Jeddah) of the Báb
See at author's site: text and translation, notes 1, and notes 2.
10. Muhammad Shah Qájár in Four Early Writings of the Báb
Sholeh A. Quinn
11. A Youth of Medium Height: The Báb’s Encounter with the Hidden Imam in Tafsír Súrat al-Kawthar
12. Phenomenology of Occultation and Prayer in the Báb’s Sahífiy-i Ja‘faríyyih
13. The Báb’s Panj Sha’n (Five Modes)
14. Undermining the Foundations of Orthodoxy: Some Notes on the Báb’s Sharia (Sacred Law)
15. Concealment and Burial of the Báb
Translated and annotated by Peter Terry
16. Collusion and Re-creation: Dogen and the Báb as Interpreters of Scripture
See publisher's webpage for this book.
See editor's webpage.