Search Chronology for entries about "Afghanistan"
from the Chronology
||Jamál Effendi, accompanied by Hájí Faraju'lláh-i-Tafrishí, embarks on a long journey to the East visiting Burma, Java, Siam, Singapore, Kashmir, Tibet, Yarqand, Khuqand in Chinese Turkistan, and Afghanistan. [EB123–4; PH22]
|| Burma; Java; Siam; Singapore; Kashmir; Tibet; Yarqand; Khuqand; Chinese Turkistan; Afghanistan
||Jamal Effendi; Haji Faraju'llah-i-Tafrishi
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Afghanistan is formed with its seat in Kabul. [BW15:243]
- For picture see BW15:151.
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Afghanistan is disbanded owing to persecution of the Bahá’ís and the political instability of the country.
||religious persecution; NSA
|2007 24 May
||The passing of Hadi Rahmani-Shirazi in the United Kingdom.
- pioneered to Afghanistan at the Guardian's behest
- served on the National Spiritual Assembly and the Auxiliary Board in the Cradle of the Faith
- served as the executive director of the Nawnahalan Company
- among first appointed to institution of the Counsellors created by the Universal House of Justice in June 1968
- relocated to the United Kingdom in the early 1980s
- contributed greatly to the development of the Institution of Huququ'llah through his services as a Deputy. [UK BAHA'I NEWS EMAIL SERVICE message from the National Spiritual Assembly email@example.com 24 May 2007]
|United Kingdom; Afghanistan; Iran
||Hadi Rahmani-Shirazi; Nawnahalan Company; Counsellors; Huququllah; In Memoriam; Births and deaths