Search Chronology for entries about "Ahváz"
from the Chronology
||The persecution of the Bahá’ís in Iran continues throughout the country. [BW18:389]
- Many Bahá’ís employed in the police force, army and government departments are dismissed.
- Six members of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Ahváz are arrested.
- Bahá’ís closing their shops on Bahá’í holy days in Bandar Sháh are arrested.
- All Bahá’í meetings in Kirmánsháh, Bírjand, Arák and other towns are prohibited by police order.
- Five Bahá’í families are attacked in their homes in Cham-tang, near Hindíyán. They are severely beaten and forced to leave the village.
|Iran; Ahváz; Bandar Sháh; Kirmánsháh; Bírjand; Arák; Cham-tang
||religious persecution; LSA; holy days
|1955 9 May
||The Bahá’í centre at Ahváz, Iran, is taken over. [BW18:390]