Search Chronology for entries about "Arák"
from the Chronology
||The government of Iran takes several measures against the Bahá’ís throughout the country. [BW18:389]
- Nineteen Bahá’í schools are closed in Káshán, Qazvín, Yazd, Najafábád, Ábádih and elsewhere. [ARG109]
- Bahá’í meetings are forbidden in many towns, including Tihrán, Mashhad, Sabzivár, Qazvín and Arák.
- Bahá’ís centres in Káshán, Hamadán and Záhidán are closed by the authorities.
- Some Bahá’í government employees are dismissed.
- Some Bahá’í military personnel are stripped of their rank and imprisoned.
- Bahá’ís in many places are harassed over the filling-in of marriage certificates, census forms and other legal documents.
|Iran; Káshán; Qazvín; Yazd; Najafábád; Ábádih; Tihrán; Mashhad; Sabzivár; Arák; Hamadán; Záhidán
||religious persecution; Tarbiyat School
||The persecution against the Bahá’ís in Iran continues. [BW18:389]
- Meetings in the Bahá’í Centre in Tihrán are banned.
- A number of Bahá’ís in Bandar Sháh are arrested and imprisoned.
- The secretary of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Arák is arrested.
- Bahá’ís in Qazvín are arrested and harassed.
- A Bahá’í in Záhidán is arrested.
|Iran; Tihrán; Bandar Sháh; Arák; Qazví; Záhidán;
||religious persecution; LSA
||The persecution of the Bahá’ís in Iran continues throughout the country. [BW18:389]
- Many Bahá’ís employed in the police force, army and government departments are dismissed.
- Six members of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Ahváz are arrested.
- Bahá’ís closing their shops on Bahá’í holy days in Bandar Sháh are arrested.
- All Bahá’í meetings in Kirmánsháh, Bírjand, Arák and other towns are prohibited by police order.
- Five Bahá’í families are attacked in their homes in Cham-tang, near Hindíyán. They are severely beaten and forced to leave the village.
|Iran; Ahváz; Bandar Sháh; Kirmánsháh; Bírjand; Arák; Cham-tang
||religious persecution; LSA; holy days