Search Chronology for entries about "Bandar Sháh"
from the Chronology
||The persecution against the Bahá’ís in Iran continues. [BW18:389]
- Meetings in the Bahá’í Centre in Tihrán are banned.
- A number of Bahá’ís in Bandar Sháh are arrested and imprisoned.
- The secretary of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Arák is arrested.
- Bahá’ís in Qazvín are arrested and harassed.
- A Bahá’í in Záhidán is arrested.
|Iran; Tihrán; Bandar Sháh; Arák; Qazví; Záhidán;
||religious persecution; LSA
||The persecution of the Bahá’ís of Iran continues. [BW18:389]
- All Bahá’í meetings are banned throughout Iran.
- Several local Bahá’í centres are attacked or closed down.
- Bahá’ís in Bandar Sháh are interrogated by the police for closing their shops on Bahá’í holy days.
|Iran; Bandar Shah
||Persecution; Holy days
||The persecution of the Bahá’ís in Iran continues throughout the country. [BW18:389]
- Many Bahá’ís employed in the police force, army and government departments are dismissed.
- Six members of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Ahváz are arrested.
- Bahá’ís closing their shops on Bahá’í holy days in Bandar Sháh are arrested.
- All Bahá’í meetings in Kirmánsháh, Bírjand, Arák and other towns are prohibited by police order.
- Five Bahá’í families are attacked in their homes in Cham-tang, near Hindíyán. They are severely beaten and forced to leave the village.
|Iran; Ahváz; Bandar Sháh; Kirmánsháh; Bírjand; Arák; Cham-tang
||religious persecution; LSA; holy days
|1944 after Aug
||Following the murder of Bahá’ís at Sháhrúd, Iran, and the widespread publicity on the outcome of the trial, there is an upsurge in persecution of Bahá’ís throughout Iran. [BW18:389]
- At Ábádih Bahá’ís are beaten and their houses sacked. [BW18:389]
- The Bahá’í centre at Bandar Jaz is attacked. [BW18:389]
- Two Bahá’ís are knifed at Bandar Sháh. The attackers are set free and attack a further three Bahá’ís, leaving one an invalid. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’ís, including women and children, are attacked and beaten at Bushrúyih, their homes and shops looted and burned and the Bahá’í cemetery desecrated. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’í houses are attacked and looted at Fárán, Káshán and Ná’in. [BW13:390]
- Bahá’í houses are set on fire in Gulpáygán and Zábul. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’ís are driven from town in Bujnúrd, Gunábád and Tabas. [BW18:390]
- The Bahá’í cemetery at Mahmúdábád is desecrated.
- Bahá’ís are beaten at Miyán-du-áb, Rafsanján, Sangsar and Sírján. [BW18:390]
- Bahá’ís are stoned at Qasr-i-Shírín. [BW18:390]
|Ábádih; Bandar Jaz; Bandar Sháh; Bushrúyih; Fárán; Káshán; Ná’in; Gulpáygán; Zábul; Bujnúrd; Gunábád; Tabas; Mahmúdábád; Miyán-du-áb; Rafsanján; Sangsar; Sírján; Qasr-i-Shírín