Search Chronology for entries about "Beirut"
from the Chronology
||`Abdu'l-Bahá travels to Beirut at the invitation of Midhat Páshá, the Válí of Syria. [BKG378]
- `Abdu'l-Bahá is still officially a prisoner of the Ottoman Empire. BKG379]
- Bahá'u'lláh reveals a Tablet marking the occasion. [BKG378–9; GPB243; TB227–8]
- Among the important figures `Abdu'l-Bahá meets in Beirut are Midhat Páshá himself and Shaykh Muhammad `Abduh, the future Grand Muftí of Egypt. [BKG379]
||Midhat Pasha; Shaykh Muhammad `Abduh; Grand Mufti of Egypt; Laura Clifford Barney; Some Answered Questions
|1918 (in the year)
||Shoghi Effendi finishes his education in Arts and Sciences at the American University at Beirut. [DH148; GBF9]
- He receives a Bachelor of Arts degree. [GBF:9]
- He serves as `Abdu'l-Bahá's secretary for two years before resuming his education in England. [DH148; GBF9; PP26-7]
- For a picture of Shoghi Effendi at this time see BW13:131, GBF50-1 and PP88-9.
||Shoghi Effendi; American University
||The Bahá’í Faith is legally recognized in Lebanon when the Local Spiritual Assembly of Beirut is incorporated. [BW15:173]
- This is the first time any Arab government has granted the Faith recognition. [BW15:173]