Search Chronology for entries about "Birjand"
from the Chronology
|1829 29 Mar
||Birth of Áqá Muhammad-i-Qá'iní (Nabíl-i-Akbar), Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Naw-Firist, near Bírjand.
||Nabil-i-Akbar; Apostle; Aqa Muhammad-i-Qa'ini
||Birth of Shaykh Muhammad-‘Alíy-i-Qá'iní, Apostle of Bahá'u'lláh, in Naw Firist, near Bírjand. [EB273]
||Naw Firist; Bírjand; Iran; Persia
||Shaykh Muhammad-‘Aliy-i-Qa'ini; birth; Apostle of Baha'u'llah
||Mullá Hasan and his two brothers are arrested and beaten in Sarcháh, Bírjand. [BW18:383]
||The persecution of the Bahá’ís in Iran continues throughout the country. [BW18:389]
- Many Bahá’ís employed in the police force, army and government departments are dismissed.
- Six members of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Ahváz are arrested.
- Bahá’ís closing their shops on Bahá’í holy days in Bandar Sháh are arrested.
- All Bahá’í meetings in Kirmánsháh, Bírjand, Arák and other towns are prohibited by police order.
- Five Bahá’í families are attacked in their homes in Cham-tang, near Hindíyán. They are severely beaten and forced to leave the village.
|Iran; Ahváz; Bandar Sháh; Kirmánsháh; Bírjand; Arák; Cham-tang
||religious persecution; LSA; holy days