Search Chronology for entries about "Ecuador"
from the Chronology
||Eduardo Gonzales, a university student, accepts the Faith, becoming the first native Bahá’í of Ecuador.
- He is not formally registered until his twenty–first birthday on 15 October 1941.
||The first local spiritual assembly in Ecuador is established in Guayaquil.
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Ecuador is formed. [BW13:258]
||A thousand children attend a Bahá’í school in Esmeraldas, Ecuador. [BW15:237]
||The first Bahá’í summer school of Ecuador is held in Cuenca. [BW17:170]
|1977 19 Jul
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Ecuador is granted permission to operate a radio station at Otavalo. [BW17:169]
|1977 12 Oct
||The first Bahá’í educational and cultural radio station, HCRN-1 Radio Bahá’í del Ecuador, makes its inaugural broadcast at 1420kHz, 20 watts, in Spanish and Quechua from studios in Otavalo. [BBD193; BW17:169, 215–17; BW19:120; VV77]
- For pictures see BW17:216, 218 and VV77.
- Full time programming (six hours a day) as initiated on the 12th of December, 1977. The 1 kiloWatt transmitter is located at Cahas, 20km south of Otavalo. [Radio Bahá'í Ecuador p23, 52]
- On December 12th, 1979, programming was initiated in the short wave band on 2340 kHz in the 120-metre band. The 1 kilowatt transmitter is located about 30 km north of Otavalo at an altitude of 10,000 feet. In 1982 the transmission frequency was switched to 4990 kHz on the 60-meter band. [Radio Bahá‘Í Ecuador p205 note 23]
|Otavalo; Cahas; Ecuador
||Radio Baha’i del Ecuador
||The first Bahá’í summer school for Quechua-speakers is held in Cachaco, Imbabura, Ecuador. [BW17:170]
||Cachaco; Imbabura; Ecuador
|1979 29 Dec
||Rahmatu’lláh Muhájir, Hand of the Cause of God and Knight of Bahá’u’lláh, passes away in Quito, Ecuador. (b. 1923) [BW18:486, 651]
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the third contingent on the 2nd of October, 1957. [MoCxxiii]
- For his obituary see BW18:651–9.
- See also Muhájir, Dr Muhajir: Hand of the Cause of God, Knight of Bahá’u’lláh.
||Rahmatu’llah Muhajir; Hand of the Cause; Knight of Baha’u’llah; In Memoriam; Appointment Hand - Third Contingent
|1982 6 – 8 Aug
||A Bahá’í International Conference to mark the fiftieth anniversary of the passing of the Greatest Holy Leaf is held in Quito, Ecuador, attended by some 1,450 Bahá’ís from 43 countries. [BW18:100; VV61]
- For the message of the Universal House of Justice see BW18:157–8.
- For a pictorial report see BW18:141–3.
||Baha’i International Conference; Conference; Greatest Holy Leaf
|2008 22 – 23 Nov
||Regional Conferences held in Quito, Ecuador, New Delhi, India, Kolkata, India, and Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo. [BWNS673]
||Quito; Ecuador; New Delhi; India; Kolkata; India; Lubumbashi; Democratic Republic of the Congo