Search Chronology for entries about "Jahrum"
from the Chronology
|1926 7 Apr
||Eight or perhaps as many as twelve Bahá’ís are beaten to death in Jahrum, Fárs, Iran. [BW18:388, SETPE1p128, GBF36, UD49-53]
- It is first reported that 12 Bahá’ís are killed. [PP98]
- For the response of Shoghi Effendi see BA104–6, 106–8; GBF36–7; PP98–9; and UD48–53.
- For Western accounts and responses see BBR465–72.
- "The attacks were apparently instigated by a majlis representative who sought to gain favour with anti-Baha’i religious leaders in order to secure reelection. The Baha’is complained to the local and national authorities to obtain redress but were denied. This was the last incident of mass killing of Baha’is during Reza Shah’s reign." [Religious Contentions in Modern Iran,1881-1941 pg 229-230 by Mina Yazdani]
|Jahrum; Fárs; Iran
|1926 16 Jul
||The National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of the United States and Canada makes representations to the Iranian government concerning the martyrdoms in Jahrum and asking the Sháh to intervene on behalf of the oppressed Bahá’ís. [BBR469; BW2:287]
- For text of the petition see BW2:287–300.
|America; Jahrum; Iran;
||NSA; Petition to Iranian government