Search Chronology for entries about "Medina"
from the Chronology
|1826 27 Jun
||Passing of Shaykh Ahmad-i-Ahsá'í, the leader of the Shaykhís, in Haddíyyih near Medina near the tomb of Muhammad, at approximately 75 years. He is buried in the cemetery of Baqí` in Medina. [B2; MH20]
- At his passing Siyyid Kázim-i-Rashtí becomes his designated successor. [BBD12]
- BBD12 says it was 1828 and he was 81 years old
- See CH11 and MH20 for three chief articles of faith of the Shaykhís.
- See BBRSM8 for a brief account of his life.
- See MH22 for a picture.
|Haddíyyih; Medina; Saudi Arabia
||Shaykh Ahmad-i-Ahsa'i; Siyyid Kazim-i-Rashti; Shaykhism
|1845 10 Jan
||The Báb reached Medina. From there He proceeded to Jiddah where He look a boat bound for Búshihr. [B75] (See 16 January below.)
|1845. 16 Jan
||The Báb arrives in Medina from Mecca. [dhut bíy-i-jiddih]
- He reveals `The Epistle between Two Shrines' en route. [B73–4]
- He stays 27 days. [MS2]
- B75 and DB140 indicate that the Báb arrived 10 January. The Research Department at the Bahá`í World Centre states that the date 16 January accords with the Báb's own writings. [report 20 jan 1994]
|Medina; Mecca; Saudi Arabia
||Bab; Epistle between Two Shrines
|1845. 12 Feb
||The Báb leaves Medina for Jiddah. [MS2]
||Medina; Jiddah; Saudi Arabia