Search Chronology for entries about "Najibiyyih Garden"
from the Chronology
|1863. 22 Apr - 3 May
||Declaration of Bahá'u'lláh in the Garden of Ridván.
The garden was located in a large agricultural area immediately north of the walls of the city of Baghdad, about 450 metres (1,480 ft) from the city's northern Mu'azzam gate. Located on the eastern bank of the Tigris River in what is now the Bab al-Mu'azzam neighbourhood of Baghdad's Rusafa District, it was directly opposite the district in which Bahá'u'lláh lived during his stay in the city, on the river's western bank. [Wiki]
|Garden of Ridvan; Najibiyyih Garden; Iraq
||Declaration Bahaullah; Holy days; Life of Bahaullah; - Basic timeline
|1863. 30 Apr
||Bahá'u'lláh's family joins Him in the Garden. [BKG175; RB1:281; SA235]
- This initiates the holy day of the Ninth Day of Ridván, to be celebrated on 29 April. [BBD 196]
|Najibiyyih Garden; Iraq
||Bahaullah, Family of; Ridvan Festival
|1863. 3 May
||Bahá'u'lláh leaves the Garden of Ridván.
- This initiates the holy day the Twelfth Day of Ridván, to be celebrated on 2 May. [BBD196]
- As He is about to leave He reveals a Tablet addressed to Áqá Mírzá Áqá in Shíráz. It brings relief and happiness to those who receive it. [EB222]
- His leaving is accompanied by symbolic signs of His station: He rides a horse rather than a donkey and wears a tall táj. [BBD221; BKG176]
- See BKG175–6, GPB155 and RB1:281–2 for descriptions of the scenes that accompanied His departure.
Bahá'u'lláh and His party arrive at Firayját, about three miles away on the banks of the Tigris. [BKG176]
- They remain here for seven days. [BKG176]
- See BKG for a description of activities during this period.
|Najibiyyih Garden; Firayjat; Iraq; Shiraz; Iran; Persia
||Life of Bahaullah; Ridvan Festival; Aqa Mirza Aqa; Horses; Donkeys; Taj; Tigris; Rivers; Garden of Ridvan