|1845. 27 Feb
||The Báb leaves Jiddah. [MS2]
- He disembarks at Muscat and remains there for two months, awaiting news of the outcome of Mullá `Alíy-i-Bastámí's trial. [MS2]
- He sends a letter to the Imám of Muscat. [MS2]
- SBBH23 says the Báb left Jiddah on 4 March.
|Jiddah; Jeddah; Saudi Arabia; Muscat; Oman
||Bab; Mulla `Aliy-i-Bastami; trial; letter; Imam of Muscat
||Louisa Gregory is the first Bahá’í to visit Romania.
|1926 28 Jan
||Martha Root sends a note and a copy of Bahá’u’lláh and the .New Era to Queen Marie of Romania. [GBF42; GPB390; MR242]
||Martha Root; Queen Marie; Bahá’u’lláh and the .New Era
|1926 30 Jan
||Martha Root meets with Queen Marie of Romania for the first time. [BBR59; GBF42; GPB390; PP107, HEC49]
- For the details of the meeting and the acceptance of the Faith by Queen Marie see GBP389–96 and MR240–6.
- This was the first of eight meetings between Martha Root and Queen Marie.
||Martha Root; Queen Marie
|1934 23 Jan
||Shoghi Effendi gives Queen Marie of Romania the gift of a Tablet in the handwriting of Bahá’u’lláh. [GBF50; PP116]
||Shoghi Effendi; Queen Marie
||Martha Root meets with Queen Marie of Romania for the eighth and last time. [MRHK413]
||Martha Root; Queen Marie
|1938 25 Jul
||The passing of Queen Marie of Romania. [BBD144; GPB395]
- For her services to the Bahá’í Faith see GPB389–96.
- For tributes paid by her to the Bahá’í Faith see BW8:269–71.
- For her relationship with the Bahá’í Faith see BW8:271–6.
- For tributes to her see BW8276–82.
||The election of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Cluj in Romania, the first new Assembly in the "East Bloc". [AWH73]
|1990 21 Mar
||The first local spiritual assembly formed in Eastern Europe since the Second World War is elected in Cluj, Romania. [AWH73; BINS221:4]
|1990 30 Nov - 2 Dec
||The First National Teaching Conference of the Bahá'ís of Romania was held near Poiana Brasov, in the Carpathian mountains. [CBN Feb 91p14]
||Poiana Brasov; Romania
||First National Teaching Conference of the Baha'is of Romania
||The Faith became officially recognized as a "religious association" in Romania. [CBNJun91pg12]
|1991 8 - 14 Feb
||The first Bahá'í Winter School of Romania is held in Felix, attended by 80 Bahá'ís. [BINS241:3]
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Romania is formed with its seat in Bucharest. About 200 believers were present at the inaugural National Convention.
[AWH86; BINS246:1; VV113]
||National Spiritual Assembly
||The formation of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Romania. [AWH86] [VV113]
|1991 15 – 21 Jul
||The first European Bahá'í Youth Conference of Romania is held in Neptune. [BINS253:9; VV74]
||European Baha'i Youth Conference of Romania
||The first Bahá'í Youth School of Romania is held in Curtea de Arges, attended by 60 Bahá'ís. [BINS269:5]
||Curtea de Arges; Romania
|1992 23 – 26 Nov
||The Second World Congress was held in New York City to commemorate the centenary of the passing of Bahá'u'lláh and the completion of the Six Year Plan. It was attended by some 28,000 Bahá'ís from some 180 countries. [BBD240] [VV136-141] [BW92-3p98-101, 136]
- Nine auxiliary conferences were held in Buenos Aires, Sydney, New Delhi, Nairobi, Panama City, Bucharest, Moscow, Apia and Singapore. [BINS283:3-4]
- For pictures see [BINS283:9-10], [BW92-3p100] and [VV136-141]
- "New York will become a blessed spot from which the call to steadfastness in the Covenant and Testament of God will go forth to every part of the world." - 'Abdu'l-Bahá [AWH77-8 90-1 105-6]
- On the 25th of November a concert was held in Carnegie Hall as a birthday tribute to Dizzy Gillespie called "Celebrating the Bahá'í Vision of World Peace". [VV141]
- On the 26th of November Bahá'ís around the world are linked together by a live satellite broadcast serving the second Bahá'í World Congress, the nine auxiliary conferences and the Bahá'í World Centre and is received by those with access to satellite dish antennas. [BINS283:1–5, 8; BINS286:10; BINS287:4]
- For the message of the Universal House of Justice read on the satellite link see BW92–3:37–4.
- For accounts of personal experiences by some of the attendees see In the Eyes of His Beloved Servants: The Second Bahá'í World Congress and Holy Year by J. Michael Kafes.
|New York; United States; Buenos Aires; Argentina; Sydney; Australia; New Delhi; India; Nairobi; Kenya; Panama; Bucharest; Romania; Moscow; Russia; Apia; Western Samoa; Singapore
||Dizzy Gillespie; World Congresses; Carnegie Hall