Search for location "Afghanistan"
|1888 (In the year)
||Jamál Effendi, accompanied by Hájí Faraju'lláh-i-Tafrishí, embarked on a long journey to the East visiting Burma, Java (Indonesia), Siam (Thailand), Singapore, Kashmir, Tibet, Yarqand, Khuqand in Chinese Turkistan, and Afghanistan. [EB123–4; PH22]
||Myanmar (Burma); Java; Indonesia; Siam (Thailand); Thailand; Singapore; Kashmir; India; Tibet; Yarqand; Khuqand; Chinese Turkistan; China; Afghanistan
||Jamal Effendi; Haji Farajullah-i-Tafrishi
|1907 31 Aug
||Anglo-Russian Convention relating to Persia, Afghanistan, and Tibet, was signed in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The convention brought shaky British–Russian relations to the forefront by solidifying boundaries that identified respective control in the three countries. It delineated spheres of influence in Persia, stipulated that neither country would interfere in Tibet’s internal affairs, and recognized Britain’s influence over Afghanistan. [AY47-48]
||St Petersburg; Russia; Iran; Afghanistan; Tibet
||Iran, General history; History (general)
||A National Haziratu'l-Quds was established in Kabul. [MBW70; 81]
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Afghanistan was formed with its seat in Kabul. [BW15:243]
For picture see BW15:151.
|1979 (In the year)
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Afghanistan was disbanded owing to persecution of the Bahá’ís and the political instability of the country.
||Persecution, Afghanistan; Persecution, Other; Persecution; NSA
|2007 24 May
||The passing of Hadi Rahmani-Shirazi (b. 1914) in the United Kingdom. He was buried in New Southgate Cemetery.
pioneered to Afghanistan at the Guardian's behest,
served on the National Spiritual Assembly and the Auxiliary Board in the Cradle of the Faith,
served as the executive director of the Nonahalan Company, (A Bahá’í investment company in Iran)
among first appointed to institution of the Counsellors created by the Universal House of Justice in June 1968,
relocated to the United Kingdom in the early 1980s,
contributed greatly to the development of the Institution of Huququ'llah through his services as a Deputy. [UK BAHA'I NEWS EMAIL SERVICE message from the National Spiritual Assembly email@example.com 24 May 2007]
Find a grave
||United Kingdom; Afghanistan; Iran
||Hadi Rahmani-Shirazi; Nawnahalan Company; Counsellors; Huququllah; In Memoriam; Births and deaths
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Communities by Country: Research Notes, by Graham Hassall (2000). Brief notes on the history of Baha'i activities and the dates of NSA formation in Africa, China, Australia, and elsewhere. [about]
- Jamál Effendi and the early history of the Bahá'í Faith in South Asia, by Moojan Momen, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 9 (1999). Includes maps on Jamal Effendi's journeys in India, and journeys in Southeast Asia. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.