Search for location "Ahvaz"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
||The persecution of the Bahá’ís in Iran continued throughout the country. [BW18:389]
- Many Bahá’ís employed in the police force, army and government departments were dismissed.
- Six members of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Ahváz were arrested.
- Bahá’ís who closed their shops on Bahá’í holy days in Bandar Sháh were arrested.
- All Bahá’í meetings in Kirmánsháh, Bírjand, Arák and other towns were prohibited by police order.
- Five Bahá’í families were attacked in their homes in Cham-tang, near Hindíyán. They were severely beaten and forced to leave the village.
|Iran; Ahvaz; Bandar Shah; Kirmanshah; Birjand; Arak; Cham-tang
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Arrests; Persecution, Other; Persecution; LSA; Holy days
|1955 9 May
||The Bahá’í centre at Ahváz, Iran, is taken over. [BW18:390]
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Other; Persecution; Haziratul-Quds
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.