Search for location "Albania"
|1929 End of Aug
||Martha Root arrives in Albania, the first Bahá’í to set foot in the country. [MR317]
- She obtains an audience with King Zog I and is warmly received by him. [MR319]
- For Martha Root’s own account of her stay in Albania see MR319–20.
||Martha Root; King Zog I
|1931 28 Apr
||Mr Refo Capari (Chapary), the first Albanian Bahá’í, arrives in Tirana, Albania.
- He became a Bahá’í in America some time before 1931.
||First Bahais by country or area
||The first travel teachers to visit Albania since World War II arrive from Italy.
|1991 16 Jun
||The first local spiritual assembly in Albania is formed at Tirana.
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Albania is formed with its seat in Tirana. [CBN Jan92 p2, BINS270:3–4; BW92–3:119; VV121]
|1993 Jul 25 – 30
||The first summer school of Albania is held in Gdem, attended by about 400 Bahá'ís. [BINS299:3]
||First summer and winter schools
|1995 May 30 – Jun 1
||The first International Medical/Surgical Conference of Tirana is held under the auspices of Health for Humanity and the University of Tirana, attended by more than 400 Albanian physicians. [BINS343:2–3]
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Health; Conferences, International; Health
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- References to the Bahá'í Faith in the U.S. State Department's Country Reports on Human Rights Practices, by United States Department of State (1991). Excerpts from the State Department's annual compilation of Country Reports on Human Rights Practices on discrimination against the Baha'i Faith and persecution of its adherents in twenty countries. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.