Search for location "Arizona"
|1982 19 – 20 Jun
||The teaching project Camino Del Sol (Trail of Light), comprising indigenous believers from North America, was formed on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona, United States. [BW18:239]
The team traveled through Central and South America in a programme of cultural exchange. [BW18:172]For a report of the project and pictures see BW18:239–45 and BW19:74–6.
||Arizona; United States
||Indigenous people; Native Americans; Navajo (Dine)
|1984 16 Nov
||Shu’á’u’lláh ‘Alá’í, Hand of the Cause of God, passed away in Scottsdale, Arizona. (b. 16 November 1889) [BW19:594; VV123]
BW19: 159 says this was 17 November.
For his obituary see BW19:593–5.
Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the second contingent on the 29th of February, 1952. [MoCxxiii]
For a short biography "General" 'Alí see Bahá'í Chronicles.
||Scottsdale; Arizona; United States
||Shuaullah Alai; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, Second Contingent
|1992 25 Mar
||William Benard Sears, (b.28 Mar 1911), Hand of the Cause of God, passed away in Tucson, Arizona. He was buried in East Lawn Palms Cemetery and Mortuary Tucson, Arizona. [BINS267; VV124]
Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the third contingent on the 2nd of October, 1957. [MoCxxiii]
Find a grave.
See LoFp496-506 for a short biography.
He was the author of several books:
- All Flags Flying, The NSA of South and West Africa, (1958)
- A Cry from the Heart: The Bahá'ís of Iran, George Ronald, (1982)
- God Love Laughter, George Ronald, (1960 and multiple re-prints)
- The Prisoner and the Kings, General Publishing Company, (1971)
- Release the Sun, Bahá'í Publishing Trust, (1957)
- Thief in the Night or The Strange Case of the Missing Millennium, Talisman Books, (1961 and multiple re-prints
- The Wine of Astonishment, George Ronald, (1963 and multiple re-prints)
- The Flame; The Story of Lua, (with Robert Quigley), George Ronald, (1972) [BEL7.2354-79]
|Tucson; Arizona; United States
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; William Sears; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, Third Contingent
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- History of the Bahá'í Faith in Arizona, The: The First Fifty Years, 1900-1950, by Maureen M. Thur (2004). Historical details and biographies about Arizona, from Nellie French moving from Chicago to Bisbee in 1900, to the formation of LSAs in 1949. Includes biographies of Amelia Collins and Orcella Rexford aka Louise Cutts-Powell (Appendices 1-2). [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.