Search for location "Bahrain"
||Birth of Shaykh Ahmad Ahsá’í in the village of Mutayrafí in the Ahsá region, the hinterland of Bahrayn.
||Shaykh Ahmad-i-Ahsai; Shaykhism; Births and deaths
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Eastern and Central Arabia is formed with its seat in Bahrain.
|2004 29 Jun
||The passing of Gloria Faizi in Brisbane, Australia. The Universal House of Justice said they remembered with appreciation "her many contributions to the progress of the Baha'i communities, including her pioneering in Bahrain with her illustrious husband, her work at the Baha'i World Centre, and her devoted travels far and wide as a teacher of the Cause."
- Gloria Faizi was born into the Ala'i family, distinguished for its service to the Faith. She met the head of the Faith, Shoghi Effendi, when she accompanied her father to the Holy Land as a child. When she was 17, she married Abu'l-Qásim Faizi, and together they assisted Baha'i communities in a remote rural area of Iran before settling in Bahrain in the mid-1940s. Their two children, Naysan and May, were born during their 15 years there. [BWNW318, BW04-05p287]
|Brisbane; Australia; Bahrain
||Gloria Faizi; pioneer; UHJ; Shoghi Effendi
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- References to the Bahá'í Faith in the U.S. State Department's Country Reports on Human Rights Practices, by United States Department of State (1991). Excerpts from the State Department's annual compilation of Country Reports on Human Rights Practices on discrimination against the Baha'i Faith and persecution of its adherents in twenty countries. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.