Search for location "Bandar Abbas"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1985. 28 or 31 Aug
||Mr Rahmatu'lláh Vujdani, a 57 year old teacher, is executed by firing squad in Bandar 'Abbas. He was an elected member of the Local Spiritual Assembly. [Iranian.com]
||Bandar Abbas; Iran
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Deaths; Persecution
|2013 7 Apr
||Mr. Ataollah Rezvani, a well-known Bahá'í in the city of Bandar Abbas was shot and killed in his car. It is of note that a few years before his murder, the Friday prayer Imam had incited the local population against the Bahá'ís, referring to them as un-Islamic. He further called on the people of the city to rise up against the Bahá'í community. [BWNS987, BWNS1031; Iran Press Watch 9306]
- Rezvani was shot in the back of the head and his body was found in his car near the railway station on the outskirts of the city. His assailants had forced him to drive to that location. His body was discovered following a search when he failed to return home. [http://publicaffairs.bahai.us/388]
|Bandar Abbas; Iran
||Ataollah Rezvani; Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Deaths; Persecution; BWNS; Z****
|2013. 24 Aug
||Ataollah Rezvani disappeared while on his way home and the next day the Criminal Investigation Office of Bandar Abbas informed the family that his body had been found outside the city. The report of the forensic physician determined the cause of death to be “a hard trauma on the brain tissues, due to being hit with some penetrating object, such as (a bullet)” and ruled it as a suicide. Strong evidence exists to indicate that it was not. [Archives of Bahá'í Persecution in Iran]
||Bandar Abbas; Iran
||persecution, Iran; Ataollah Rezvani; Z****
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.