Search for location "Botswana"
||John and Audrey Robarts with their two younger children, Patrick and Tina, left Toronto for their pioneer post in Mafeking (later Mafikeng), Buchuanaland (later Botswana and formerly Bophuthatswana). Older children Aldham and Gerald pioneered to Nigeria and a homefront post respectively. [LOF485-6]
- Later the same year he was appointed to the newly established Auxiliary Board by Hand of the Cause of God Músá Banání. They returned to Canada some 13 years later. [LOF486, 491]
|Canada; Botswana; Nigeria; Africa
||John and Audrey Robarts and their son Patrick and young daughter Tina arrived in Mafikeng and were named Knights of Bahá’u’lláh for Bechuanaland (Botswana). [BW13:449]
||John Robarts; Knights of Bahaullah
||Botswana holds its first National Youth School. [BW15:329]
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Youth; Conferences, National; Conferences, First
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Botswana was formed with its seat in Gaborone. [BW15:199]
- For picture see BW15:144.
||The first International Bahá’í Youth Conference to be held in Botswana took place in Mahalapye. [BW16:150]
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Youth; Conferences, International; Conferences, First
||An International Youth Conference to support the United Nations International Youth Year is held in Molepolole, Botswana, attended by 119 youth from six countries. [BW19:300]
- For picture see BW19:320.
|Molepolole; Botswana; Africa
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Youth; Conferences, International; Youth; International Youth Year
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Communities by Country: Research Notes, by Graham Hassall (2000). Brief notes on the history of Baha'i activities and the dates of NSA formation in Africa, China, Australia, and elsewhere. [about]
- References to the Bahá'í Faith in the U.S. State Department's Country Reports on Human Rights Practices, by United States Department of State (1991). Excerpts from the State Department's annual compilation of Country Reports on Human Rights Practices on discrimination against the Baha'i Faith and persecution of its adherents in twenty countries. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.