Search for location "Charleston"
|1874. 6 Jun
||Birth of Louis George Gregory, Hand of the Cause of God at Charleston, South Carolina.
||Charleston; South Carolina; United States
||Louis Gregory; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths
|2003 7 – 9 Feb
||The dedication of the Louis G. Gregory Museum in his birthplace, Charleston, South Carolina. [BWNS188, Wilmette Institute,
- For biographical information on Hand of the Cause Louis Gregory see Gayle Morrison, To Move the World: Louis G. Gregory and the Advancement of Racial Unity in America (Wilmette, IL, USA Bahá’í Publishing Trust, 1982, 1999 printing).
|Charleston; South Carolina
||Louis Gregory Museum; Louis Gregory; Gayle Morrison; BWNS
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Gregory, Louis George, by Gayle Morrison, in The Bahá'í Encyclopedia (2009). On the African American lawyer who became a leading Bahá’í speaker, writer, administrator, and proponent of race unity and equality, member of the national governing body of the Bahá’ís of the United States and Canada, and Hand of the Cause. [about]
- No Jim Crow Church: The Origins of South Carolina's Bahá'í Community, by Louis Venters: Review, by Richard W. Thomas, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies (2016). [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.