Search for location "Cornwall"
|1979 6 May
||Bernard Howell Leach CBE, (b.5 Jan 1887 Hong Kong), internationally known potter, artist and author, passed away in St Ives, Cornwall. He was buried in the Barnoon Cemetery in St Ives. [BW18:669–71]
See AY50 for the significance of the name of the village of St. Ives.
Find a grave
He was the author of A Potter's Book, A Potter in Japan as well as Beyond East and West: Memoirs, Portraits and Essays, and Drawings, Verse and Belief. [BEL10.892-10.985]
See Bernard Leach, Potter:A Biographical Sketch by Robert Weinberg.
See Remembering Bernard Leach by Trudi Scott (Published in BW18 pp929-931).
See Traces that Remain p216-218.
||St Ives; Cornwall; United Kingdom
||Bernard Leach; In Memoriam; Births and deaths; Z****
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bernard Leach, Potter: A Biographical Sketch, by Robert Weinberg, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 9 (1999). [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.